Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: New carbon fiber gangway off aft deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonkeeper77 View Post
    Hello. Did the handrail show up? I am looking to order this for the coming season.
    Not yet, supposedly it was shipped from Italy about 2 weeks after we ordered it, and is currently in transit.

FWIW, we love the passerelle, even without the handrail. It is so nice just to walk right onto the aft deck regardless of tide. However, for our passengers we will definitely need the handrail (actually it is 2 stanchions and a line that acts as the handhold).
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Canyonkeeper77 View Post
    Hello. Did the handrail show up? I am looking to order this for the coming season.
    Sorry, just realized I didn't circle back on this. Handrail came in a few weeks ago and worked perfectly. Two SS poles that easily insert into brackets on side of passerelle. Adjustable rope. Absolutely love it, just order early! much easier to handle than the Marquipt steps but we use those for finger piers or if we are bow in. Good luck..
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    Sorry, just realized I didn't circle back on this. Handrail came in a few weeks ago and worked perfectly. Two SS poles that easily insert into brackets on side of passerelle. Adjustable rope. Absolutely love it, just order early! much easier to handle than the Marquipt steps but we use those for finger piers or if we are bow in. Good luck..
    Here is a pic.

Passerelle.jpg
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

That looks great.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Perfect. Thank you for the update. I will probably get the order in shortly.

With my parents and my wifes family visiting need a safe way to get on and off. Plus our 1 year old...

I am bringing this to the top in case anyone who got one of these from Osculati had any more to offer about their long term durability. I am also unsure about how they mount to the gunwale: the pictures are not very clear about the socket, will a rod holder work or will I need a new hole? Will I need to order two sockets for port and starboard?

Finally, we are considering the 2m folding gangway, the shortest available, any comments from those with longer ones? Do you wish you had ordered a different length or will I?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Apparently now available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Osculati-Whit...culati+gangway

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I am bringing this to the top in case anyone who got one of these from Osculati had any more to offer about their long term durability. I am also unsure about how they mount to the gunwale: the pictures are not very clear about the socket, will a rod holder work or will I need a new hole? Will I need to order two sockets for port and starboard?

Finally, we are considering the 2m folding gangway, the shortest available, any comments from those with longer ones? Do you wish you had ordered a different length or will I?
    Mine is just over 1 year old, still love it. Holding up extremely well, still looks petty much like new except slight weathering of teak slats. I’ve even used it to help get on board another vessel that was too far from the dock to otherwise board (was being held off the dock with fiberglass poles). I went back and found a slightly better photo that includes the mounting. I would not recommend using a rod holder for 2 reasons: unless it is an exact fit the passerelle will have some side to side play (i.e. wobble) when you are boarding. Also, and perhaps more importantly, most rod holders are set at an angle toward the stern. If you are boarding from a side the gangway will be slanted at the same angle. If however you are boarding directly from abaft then it might be okay, as the pin swivels parallel with, or longitudinally with the gangway.

As for length, we have the 8 footer and it is just right. I would be concerned going much shorter than that but we have an almost 4’ swim platform.

Hope this helps. This thing is well made and really suited for its purpose.
    Attached Images
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    Apparently now available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Osculati-Whit...culati+gangway
    I paid $765.99 on eBay. I think shipping may have been $100 extra (from Italy).
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Does it come with a socket? And if it did was it nylon or SS, they show both on their Amazon store?

When the gangway is deployed does it move around much, will it work its way side to side as it rolls back and forth? I’m trying to figure out if a longer gangway can be used on a narrow finger pier by turning it at an angle. It might work if the gangway just rolled back and forth on the same track. We want the longest model that will work for us as it will be the most versatile, we hope.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987