Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New carbon fiber gangway off aft deck.

Looking at a lightweight, folding option: https://exitcarbon.com/portfolio/libera/

Under 20 lbs, over 9’ length.

Tired of sterning in and having finger pier just barely too short for boarding ladder.

Question: the gangway requires drilling a 6” deep hole few a inches forward of the flag holder (which I intend to relocate to aft deck). Hole will be approximately 2” in diameter. It accommodates a pivot for the gangway that lets it swing to either side, such as to clear the piling directly behind us here at Rose Marina in Marco Island. Hopefully the pic is attached. The first 3” or so is treck decking and a layer of 1” support crossmembers. What is the aft deck thickness on 1977 58 MY?

Many thanks in advance for any related insights.

Jerry B
    Attached Images
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Re: New carbon fiber gangway off aft deck.

I hear thers a company in tampa making similar gangplanks. I can call a friend and see what he has.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

yacht guys call that a passerelle and you might find one used from boats over 50' when they quit their world travels.
    ebay or craigslist under $1000 if you are patient.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I hear thers a company in tampa making similar gangplanks. I can call a friend and see what he has.
    Thanks Scott - that would be great. I'd much rather buy from Tampa. The Italian ones are rather expensive too...
    Jerry
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

No problem.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    yacht guys call that a passerelle and you might find one used from boats over 50' when they quit their world travels.
    Great idea, thanks Mal, I will give that a try too.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    Mal - thanks again, I found a great passerelle on ebay (new in box) that was 1/10th what I was about to spend for the fancy carbon fiber one ($750 as opposed to $7,200). They are both made in Italy, and the one I have is aluminum with teak treads instead of carbon fiber. Sure, it weights 45 lbs instead of 22 lbs, but I saved about $6500. It shipped from Latvia for $200. Just got it installed today. The stanchions are back-ordered, but here it is. It swivels side to side and up and down as the boat moves. Folds in half for stowing. Osculati is the maker if anyone is interested.

Sea Joy Passerelle.jpg
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

That is awesome. Congrats. you are welcome.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Ian seeking an attachement on the boat which I can fastened the gangway on the side off the aftdeck. The attachement have to be a in some distance from the boat side so the gangway could be turned sideways along the boatside. Then I might use the gangway to enter the dingy when in sea. What would you call this attachement in English?

Hello. Did the handrail show up? I am looking to order this for the coming season.