Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hatteras 46c

My Grandad need help to sell this Hatteras yacht. He doesn't speak English so I'm helping him out. Here are a few pictures of the yacht. How much would you pay for this thing? Anyone know the year it was made? One engine work and the other one just need to be put back. All the parts are there. located in the New Orleans area.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NolaYacht; 11-11-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Re: Hatteras 55 Convertible

No one can tell you what it’s worth with 3 photos. Get a broker near the boat to give you their idea. You limit any change of descent money offers when the engines are apart. The boat appears to be in neglect of geneal maintenance and won’t bring many offers until it’s cleaned and running. Sorry
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

What I see in 3 photos is, I'm pretty sure it's a 46, not a 55.
    Unfortunately in it's current state the boat isn't worth very much, if anything....
    A broker can't list a boat in this condition, if this in the US it's a Craig's List candidate.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

In the condition it's in I would recommend just donating the yacht to a charity and let Granddad take the tax write off. Nobody is going to buy a Hatteras in that condition. It would cost more money to restore it than what it is worth.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

I have restored several boats and airplanes in the past. The planes were considered "Basket Cases". Not for the return of investment, but the sheer pleasure of doing it. Look at the Roamer refit thread.

My point, hopefully someone with time and cash, can enjoy a nice quality boat when the work is done. There is some good bones there.

Good luck selling her.

Have a good Veterans day all.
    Tim

I have to agree with Cricket. It is a 46 definately not a 55. To put that boat in usable condition would cost somewhere
    in the 175.000 to 200,000 range. With a lot of equatity sweat. Then it would bring about 150,000 tops depending on engines
    . Nost every one would agree i would believe.

$50k delivered.

Bring it here with $50k and there may be a way to save her.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaYacht View Post
    How much would you pay for this thing?
    You don't want to know the answer to that question.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

What engines are those? I don't remember the 8-71's having that after cooler set up but it's been a while since I've seen one. If that's a 46 , you can't get much more than 75k for one in fair condition with Detroits. You'd have to own a yard and make that a winter project to break even. Pretty sad condition

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    In the condition it's in I would recommend just donating the yacht to a charity and let Granddad take the tax write off. Nobody is going to buy a Hatteras in that condition. It would cost more money to restore it than what it is worth.
    Was recently talking to someone trying to donate a mid 40's (non Hatteras) DD diesel boat with a stringer rot problem. Charities are getting picky and at least in his experience only want boats that are resaleable as received. No one wants to be the one that gets stuck with a disposal/land fill bill.

IMHO the best economics may be the part out sale of what will sell, and dispose of what is left.

Pete