Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Pilot house door help

OK you guys need help. I need pictures of the bottom of the sliding pilot house aluminum doors on a 1988 era motoryacht. We are in the process of putting Fair Well back together after a major refit. Have lost pictures of aluminum doors and need help on reassembly. I have contacted Sam's and the only picture they have is a 2000 era door. We sent the doors off to be powder coated and I'm beginning to wonder if we did not get all the pieces back. I have the new roller kids from Sam's and trying to put them back together with them. This is when I found the problem and cannot figure out how to go back together with the new kits. This can't be that complicated, there's only three pieces at least that's all I have is three pieces . I have the door the frame and the bottom rail that goes into the bottom of the door.
    Attached Images
    If it ain't broke don't break it by fixing it!

Re: Pilot house door help

Hi,
    What did you figure out with this? I think I have the same doors and am trying to figure ut how to replace the rollers. Any help would be appreciated.
    Marcus

Re: Pilot house door help

Attached are installation instructions.

Easiest way to remove and reinstall door is to unscrew the bottom track and keep it in place on the door. Put blocks under the track in 4-5 places under the length of the track especially if you don't have a helper.

There is a U shaped channel that is attached to the boat (don't remove it) and the door roller track that slips inside and gets screwed into it.

The screws attaching the door roller track are typically self tapping. If you can get some thread inserts and convert those to stainless machine screws it will make it easier next time. Be careful not to over tighten the self tappers when you reinstall.

Tef-gel on the threads will stop corrosion especially for salt water boats.

DoorReplacement.jpg