Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1979 43' double cabin

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1979...s#.WinOrN-nGM8

Cleaned up and ready to sell

Now that I see it presented on YachtWorld, Im having second thoughts

Re: 1979 43' double cabin

Craig, you have made some money.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

thats assuming I get my price... I wont..

If my offer on a new boat is accepted the asking price for this one will go way down

OK I'm confused... Yachtworld has it at $69K and you say it may go way down? Wow how the mighty
    have fallen.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    OK I'm confused... Yachtworld has it at $69K and you say it may go way down? Wow how the mighty
    have fallen.

Walt

there are a few Hatteras 43s of various types for sale across the country on Yachtworld. some listed for over $100,000, I think thats overpriced, At least I wouldnt pay that much. $70000 is probably overpriced too, I mean the phone isnt jumping off the hook. But Im not under any particular pressure to sell so thats where we are now

But, Im looking at another boat and its way overpriced.. The owner and I doing a dance. He is pretending he dosen't really want to sell, and Im pretending I really dont want it... If we ever come to an agreement, Ill really want to sell mine.

Thats when the price on mine will come down.

What are you looking at?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    there are a few Hatteras 43s of various types for sale across the country on Yachtworld. some listed for over $100,000, I think thats overpriced, At least I wouldnt pay that much. $70000 is probably overpriced too, I mean the phone isnt jumping off the hook. But Im not under any particular pressure to sell so thats where we are now

But, Im looking at another boat and its way overpriced.. The owner and I doing a dance. He is pretending he dosen't really want to sell, and Im pretending I really dont want it... If we ever come to an agreement, Ill really want to sell mine.

Thats when the price on mine will come down.
    Actually what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I think I got jaded by the fact that until a few years
    ago a 43 DC in good shape was worth a lot more, but then again so were all the older Hatts. Other
    than most of us on this forum, most boaters are not too interested in 30 or 40 year old boats no matter
    what the condition or quality. On the plus side, you may sell yours at a low price but then again the
    replacement boat should also be low for what it is. Good luck with it.....

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    What are you looking at?
    My wife wants something bigger, if we are going to spend more time in California, and I want something I can charter when we aren't in California, to at least partially offset the expense of the larger boat. I see three boats on Yacht world in California, with a CGI for 40 or so passengers, that I can afford. Two are wood boats and Ive looked at just one.. The Pacemaker thats docked at the Sheraton> Its way overpriced, and im more than a little scared of the wood (and the rot) but he's doing enough charters to pay the dock fees. So Im interested.
    Last edited by ronparise; 12-09-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronparise View Post
    My wife wants something bigger, if we are going to spend more time in California, and I want something I can charter when we aren't in California, to at least partially offset the expense of the larger boat. I see three boats on Yacht world in California, with a CGI for 40 or so passengers, that I can afford. Two are wood boats and Ive looked at just one.. The Pacemaker thats docked at the Sheraton> Its way overpriced, and im more than a little scared of the wood (and the rot) but he's doing enough charters to pay the dock fees. So Im interested.
    A wood boat is a lifestyle. If you like having glue and paint on your hands 24/7 go for it. It is extremely rewarding and has a very organic quality to it. (Not in the nutritional sense). Working with wood is a lot of fun. It is an extremely versatile and creative material. But, it becomes "the journey". It also requires quite a bit of skill and a whole new set of tools. (Literally and figuratively). People that own and work on wood boats are a whole 'nother breed.

If that sounds like a PITA do NOT get a wood boat. Finding (and paying) people that can PROPERLY do all this for you is even more of a headache than doing it for a plastic boat.

Occasionally I spend time drooling over Trumpys and all that jazz. Then the urge goes away and I breathe deeply and return to this forum.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 12-11-2017 at 05:02 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

A component of ownership, for me is the ownership exit, for wood boats that exit is shrinking every day.

Likely now more than ever, the price of Fiberglass boats at a sad low , there are many more glass than wood buyers.

Good luck with your hunt.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY