Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

An interesting 53 Classic

This turned up today on Yachtworld: http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1981...s#.WX_A1-tHarU

Re: An interesting 53 Classic

I saw this earlier today. I'm selling.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Very handsome boat. Very nice interior refit. Have you seen this boat? She looks terrific in the photos.

Beautiful but a bit pricy.......unless you consider all that has been done to her and her outstanding condition. Of course these are only pictures and a personal inspection up close will tell, as Paul Harvey used to say "now for the rest of the story". Now if it also had a pair of QSM-11's that would make it as close to a perfect 53 as can be. I like the way they moved the bridge controls forward which opened up the bridge deck. It would be tempting if it were on the East Coast and I was about 10 or more years younger (I'm 80). I'm sure they have sunk a substantial amount of boat bucks into it to make it like that.

Walt

I wonder how long they will leave it at that price before the lower it so they can actually sell it. Note engines no air seps or Racor ccv,s. incredible varnish job. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

It's got a few kool added feature. I like the galley.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Beautiful but a bit pricy.......Of course these are only pictures and a personal inspection up close will tell, as Paul Harvey used to say "now for the rest of the story". I'm sure they have sunk a substantial amount of boat bucks into it to make it like that.

Walt
    Right you are Walter. A skilled photographer using a wide angle lens, tight f-stop and long exposure can really enhance an image. I suspect that is the case here. I recently had one of my homes listed by a realtor and he was able to use that technique to make even my satin finished hardwood floor look like high gloss in the on line images.

You might not even need M11s for a 53MY. They will go surprisingly fast with C series Cummins, esp the 540hp rated ones. Part of this may be due to the weight savings= C series are a lot lighter than DDs. I think this is a nice looking boat, although I don't agree with everything they did. The price is clearly too high- if it sells in the mid-200s it will be extremely well sold, I would think.

She looks very nice, I really like the glossy interior... that said she still has 40 year old wiring and systems. Not worth what they re asking
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Wear coast Hatteras's bring more than east coast , nice boat , but overpriced , .....Pat