Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 53 my salvage

Re: 53 my salvage

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    incl the layout.
    Yup, in fact it would be a hoot to take a salvage 53, strip it down to the studs and start over. Mega master and guest down below, utility room with storage, freezer pantry. A small but efficient galley up........ Repower with like you're doing probably could make the engine rooms smaller.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Yup, in fact it would be a hoot to take a salvage 53, strip it down to the studs and start over. Mega master and guest down below, utility room with storage, freezer pantry. A small but efficient galley up........ Repower with like you're doing probably could make the engine rooms smaller.
    I built the 53c with a full king in the master and a full queen in the forward VIP. 2 Stateroom layout. Many looking wanted 3 rooms. Could have done that easily, but I really didn't want my galley all up and taking too much space in the salon.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    That's what I m doing. Combined the master and midship into one big master, combined both heads and companionway into one large head with 5' tub... small galley up n aft.

At the bow, I m going to make a centerline queen stateroom by removing the head and washer dryer closet. New head where the dinette was for the bow SR and a smaller bunk SR where the galley was.

The only trade off will be a smaller salon because of the galley up n aft. That's fine with me. We love cooking and spend more time in the galley than on the couch anyway
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat