Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: DD 8v71TI Gurus- Know of an EGM Adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by MVCaprice View Post
    David,

I emailed Kevin last night with everything I have for sender curves etc. I just called Kevin to follow up. He is reviewing my senders and will send me calibration by tomorrow AM. I'll post the values and results. Maybe there is still a chance we can get these things working!
    I ran all new wiring, including ground, directly from the MD33 to brand new senders, bypassing the old gauges. Should have been simple.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

2. Re: DD 8v71TI Gurus- Know of an EGM Adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    I ran all new wiring, including ground, directly from the MD33 to brand new senders, bypassing the old gauges. Should have been simple.
    Yeah man. I am close with my settings now, but what a huge time sink!

Re: DD 8v71TI Gurus- Know of an EGM Adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckbullett@gmail.com View Post
    Chartmaker's Chuck and Lisa here.Besides updating my "Steam Gauges" for the DD's... I would like to find a sensor gateway to bring engine data up on the boat network. I am starting the helm redisgn and I want to reduce the number of unreliable mechanical gauges to make way for MFD's at the helm one day.Ideally the module would have inputs where I could bridge off the mechical gauge signals to collect the DD and Alison Transmission sensor inputs. Yachtd and some other companys make a number of gateway adapters to take conforming modern engine data and put it up on NEMA-0183, N2K, or WiFi networks... Buth these are 40 year-old engines... We have to collect the sensor data first from each engine room. Heck- I'd want to install one on the old Onan MDJx Generator too.This product probably exists in the industrial control industry sector somewhere...haven't discovered it through web searches yet.Thanks all. Lisa and I are working on rebedding the flybridge this weekend. Wish us luck.Cap't Chuck1978 53MY
    Chuck when you finish you can start on mine. LOL
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

4. Re: DD 8v71TI Gurus- Know of an EGM Adapter?

Mildly off topic but I have been able to get the Actisense EMU 1 working on our 20KW northern lights generator. It seems to be very accurate with VDO senders.

20180718_165205525_iOS.jpg