Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Egress size portlights

On the motor yachts after about 1979 they had 2 portlights on the stern that were big enough to crawl through. Who made those and where can I get 2. Fuller does not make them. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Egress size portlights

I ordered new glass and gaskets from sams not long ago. I’d give them a call
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Bomar

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    I ordered new glass and gaskets from sams not long ago. I’d give them a call
    I want to order new plastic/glass for mine as well. How difficult was it to take out and replace with the new glass? What did you bid the plastic/glass in?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

John, I checked on the forum and was unable to find the hatch, go with the above recommendation.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I looked at my receipts. They are bomar model 203 hatches. I ordered the gaskets part number S59462B and the lenses that Sam sells are polycarbonate. I used sikaflex caulk for the installation. It’s kind of a pain becouse you can wipe the caulk off the lens with solvent. I positioned the lens in place and naked it on the glass and them masked it up to protect the lens. I’m also pooped out the pin and took the frame out and installed the glass on a bench
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Thanks guys, Sam’s had the hatches, they are 24’’ wide and 14 1/2 ‘’ high, made by bomar and are metal. Jeremy said they had 4 of them, I bought 2. About $700.00 each, less than their cost was when Hatteras bought them. I bought them to get rid of that miserable hatch on the floor on the aft deck that people keep tripping over. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I replaced the plastic in my Bomar portlights years ago with tempered glass. It still looks great today.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I replaced the plastic in my Bomar portlights years ago with tempered glass. It still looks great today.
    What did you bed the glass with?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I wish I had used tempered glass. I still may go that route. I had to laugh at my last comment. Spell check really butchered it. Lol
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575