Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Air Starters?

Re: Air Starters?

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I think a 2000psi+ air compressor, piping, and tanks takes up more space than a few batteries.
    And a scuba compressor which may have another use on the vessel requires maintenance.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Well alrighty then, thanks all for your thoughts and expertise. I'm quite privileged to have this resource. With Rusty's help I recently replaced our four 8Ds (I swear our arms are now longer) and now it's time to replace the eight six volt batts for the inverter bank. I'm tempted to take one 8D from each side and reconnect them as inverter batts but will probably order eight Interstate U2300UTLs from Costco, then leave two of the 8D battery boxes empty at the next 8D change out. Maybe just two 4D AGMs would be good? Thanks, Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hatt Craig View Post
    Well alrighty then, thanks all for your thoughts and expertise. I'm quite privileged to have this resource. With Rusty's help I recently replaced our four 8Ds (I swear our arms are now longer) and now it's time to replace the eight six volt batts for the inverter bank. I'm tempted to take one 8D from each side and reconnect them as inverter batts but will probably order eight Interstate U2300UTLs from Costco, then leave two of the 8D battery boxes empty at the next 8D change out. Maybe just two 4D AGMs would be good? Thanks, Craig
    Where do you put 4 8D’s and 8 GC2’s on a 43DC? I have 3, 31XHD’s and 6, GC2’s, and I can’t imagine getting any more batteries on the boat.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Quote Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
    Where do you put 4 8D’s and 8 GC2’s on a 43DC? I have 3, 31XHD’s and 6, GC2’s, and I can’t imagine getting any more batteries on the boat.
    PO has the eight 6V in a box between transmissions, four 8Ds are in original boxes outside each engine. Regards, Craig
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hatt Craig View Post
    PO has the eight 6V in a box between transmissions, four 8Ds are in original boxes outside each engine. Regards, Craig
    Thanks. My electrical service panel is where your manifold is, and my manifold is under that, which would be kind of buried behind the box. Looks like it works well in your boat.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL