Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53' Hatt MY (1985) - Water Leak

I just noticed water dripping from the ceiling of port side engine room??? Drip is forward in engine room. No signs of water at helm station.

Any ideas?

Re: 53' Hatt MY (1985) - Water Leak

Water line may have sprung a leak. How much water? Major?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Check your water inlet just outside the port side door. Mine lined and dropped from the ceiling
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Check the forward air handler, drain hoses always clog up as they don't have enough slope but it could indeed be the water Inlet by the door
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I have had my rear scupper clogged and water on the side deck would puddle up to the point it would leak into the engine room from the side door jamb.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Thanks for all the suggestions. Found the issue, was coming from salon a.c.. Not sure if it was freezing up from low water flow or drain line clogged. Checking both this weekend.

shop vac the drain lines to all AC's when servicing. same applies to shower drain lines. Low water flow would cause a 'Hi PS' high pressure shutdown of the unit, not dripping water.
    Pascal covered both likely options. It has always been the air handler under the stair for me. On the '85, those rear scuppers were fortunately eliminated (assume with '84 model year).
    one less thing to watch.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

And maybe drop a bromine tab in the pans to keep the condensate free of algea.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC