Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slip prices

Slip prices

Next time you get upset by what you are paying for your slip, just know it could be worse. I surveyed an Offshore 48 pilot house yesterday in Newport Beach Ca. They had a primo slip, right next to a lot of the activity’s in Newport. The company that leases the slip just raised the rate to $71.00 a foot per month! The guy that owned the boat is getting out of boating to travel and race his Classic cars, which we all know is real cheap, but probably cheaper than boating in Newport Beach. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Slip prices

I love Newport but would never pay $4800 a month for a slip
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

I’m not going to say a word my $5.00 a foot price. And if your wondering it’s a great place to keep a boat. All amenities, great harbor master, close to everything. I got lucky.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I work in Newport and my boss has a boat in Newport. His bargain price for a slip is $3k/month and it's a 50' hatt. I pay 1500 for a 67' LOA about 45 minutes away from Newport. The kicker is that Newport has lousy bait that is open only a portion of the year and in MANY of the marinas it's a 45 minute drive at 5 knots to get to open ocean. Oh...and parking at the marinas? Not great.

Have to agree on the parking. We had to park on the street on a Monday and guess what? Monday is street sweeping day so one side of all the streets are no parking zones on Monday’s. So what limited parking there is is cut in half. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Have to agree on the parking. We had to park on the street on a Monday and guess what? Monday is street sweeping day so one side of all the streets are no parking zones on Monday’s. So what limited parking there is is cut in half. John
    I park 50 feet in front of my boat and the marina has a web cam that I use and can adjust to watch both my car and boat from anywhere in the world.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Next time you get upset by what you are paying for your slip, just know it could be worse. I surveyed an Offshore 48 pilot house yesterday in Newport Beach Ca. They had a primo slip, right next to a lot of the activity’s in Newport. The company that leases the slip just raised the rate to $71.00 a foot per month! The guy that owned the boat is getting out of boating to travel and race his Classic cars, which we all know is real cheap, but probably cheaper than boating in Newport Beach. John
    Sounds more like the Bahamas and Caribbean slip prices....
    Best regards,
    --
    David

For the $4-5K a month you get a nice slip here with reasonable parking. The biggest issue is the house in between the car and the boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.