Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Adventure

Re: Fall Adventure

I’d want to know why it’s going through clutches so fast. Maybe an internal issue causing premature wear
    Jack Sardina

Sell sell sell !!!!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I’d want to know why it’s going through clutches so fast. Maybe an internal issue causing premature wear
    Looking on the interwebs, it's apparently a common problem. The engines are 435 hp Volvo's, which are pretty much bullet proof. Water in the hydraulic oil, and clutch slippage are very common.

The engine may be bullet proof but the drive trains a mess.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Looking on the interwebs, it's apparently a common problem. The engines are 435 hp Volvo's, which are pretty much bullet proof. Water in the hydraulic oil, and clutch slippage are very common.
    are these gen 1 pods? If so they will be a constant source of failure. Water in the gear will be a seasonal issue. I have a friend who has them in a 42 Carver. Trans issues since new. He’s to the point that they don’t even use it anymore because they rarely make it out and back without issue. The boat behind me just had their first season without pod problems. The newer one are reported to be much better but time will tell. No engine issues except the belt tensioner I mentioned earlier. Cost one of them an engine. If that hasn’t been changed out, I’d do it now along with the gear work.
    Jack Sardina

Dock guy just came by inspecting everybody's lines. We've got about 10 out to cleats on a floating dock, and fixed Spud poles. The harbor is electric with folks pulling boats and securing moorings. They're talking 70mph winds and something called bombogenisis..Google it.. wish us luck!
    Attached Images

Good luck and stay safe! Get some butter melted for the nice crustacean you have there.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Winds howling about 60 right now, checked the local weather reporting station, it says 6 kts, yet we trust data from these stations to forecast trends 100 years out!. Dock lines are tight as guitar strings. Wind is directly on our stern. Got about a 10 foot tide here, and we're approaching high tide. Half our lines are fixed to cleats on a floating dock, half to the Spud poles that fix the floating dock. At high tide, the lines on the Spud poles are slack...can one of you guys go out and adjust those...I don't want to mess up my hair..sun coming up soon...wish it would hurry!

And as quick as it came...it's gone!

Sounds like you made it through ok.

Was it a nice ride at the dock.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.