Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Adventure

Re: Fall Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Good advice..we lost a transmission in 5 foot seas and limped in to Jonesport Maine. We're stuck here for at least 3 days because if weather/seas. Transmission blew the fill cap, and bathed the ER in gear oil. Refilled and tighted cap, (probably loose from last service). All appears normal now..no alarms ever sounded. Boat should be named The Roly Poly..
    at least there’s a ton of room to work in the ER. We have a guy here with one and he loves it. That’s the one we’re the hole deck lifts up and the engines are completely accessible? ER is just forward of the garage?
    Jack Sardina

The ER is very accessable with the rear up. Unfortunately, you wouldn't dare raise the back in a pitching sea. There is access from the "upper salon", down a ladder, and moderate space, but in the sea conditions, it was best to put it. Winds are currently 30 mph, and we're swinging on a ball. We launched the dinghy from the garage, and that's an adventure as well. I'm sure some folks love these, and my previous boat was a Regal 44 Sport Coupe, which is similar to this boat..but it makes me appreciate the old Hatts even more.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hopefully the weather settles and allows you to open her up. I loved my 43, especially when things became sloppy. Being able to cruise at 27 knots is nice too. Always a trade off.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Talked with the Volvo guy. It appears the clutches are burned out in the starboard drive. We'll be limping to Stoneington, Maine, Billings Marine..on Friday when the weather breaks.
    Attached Images

Just call Randy.

1 engine is enough for him.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I'm sure the bird could handle it, and it actually handles pretty good on 1 engine..but the 30 mph wind and 10 foot seas that neither the boat or the chicken at the helm WILL handle😎

Hey Scott, my local mechanic, Volvo certified, says the clutches can be serviced without pulling the boat. The guy at Billings says the boat has to be pulled.. what's your opinion?

I thought the transmission was between the engine and pod. Its possible you can get to the transmission with boat in the water but what does it save? Is it easier on the hard?

If I see the guys working on one at the cape I'll ask them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.