Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Took the plunge today

I am now an official member of the Hatteras club. I closed on a 1985 55' Convertible. It needs a lot of TLC so I am sure I will be asking questions on here. Engines checked out good on the mechanical survey but there is a long list of deferred maintenance from the survey. I have a twisted passion for fixing things so I plan to fix her up and eventually do some long range trips once I semi-retire

Re: Took the plunge today

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Keep us informed on your projects.

This forum is very familiar with Hats'

Share some before and after pics....

Congratulations and welcome to the Hatteras forum. This is an outstanding location for finding out firsthand how to repair and take care of your new baby. Everyone here knows these boats intimately. Please make sure you post a number of before and after photos so we can follow your progress. One thing I would add that I learned early on was never ever throw anything away until you’re absolutely certain where goes and what it used for. You will thank me for that advice in the near future. Again welcome.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

You might want to update your profile so we know where you’re located.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I am now an official member of the Hatteras club. I closed on a 1985 55' Convertible. It needs a lot of TLC so I am sure I will be asking questions on here. Engines checked out good on the mechanical survey but there is a long list of deferred maintenance from the survey. I have a twisted passion for fixing things so I plan to fix her up and eventually do some long range trips once I semi-retire
    Send some picks or a old link. Way to go !!!!!!!!

http://amyachts.com/our-listings/198...tates-6202698/

Thats the link with broker pics. I will definitely take some later this week, before and after. Thanks for everything

Congrats! Better hurry up and “semi-retire” - you have a new full time job :-)))
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Nice boat. I’ve got the 83 version. Let me know if I can help.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

congrats!!! Welcome to the family!!

Congrats!