Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Took the plunge today

Welcome aboard.

That is a pretty boat, I am sure she will provide many years of pleasure. Or at least until you go for a ride on a larger one.

Have a great week,
    Tim

Awesome, the interior wood looks nice. You gonna keep the name?

Congrats! The ER looks pretty good, at the glance in the pics, so you could be ahead of the game there. Just remember the two prime of a boat: 1st- float, 2nd go. Make sure all the thru hulls and esp. the hoses are sound. Since Hatt thru-hulls are very tough, that should like easier. Also looks nice cosmetically. Nice looking boat!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Nice boat. I’ve got the 83 version. Let me know if I can help.
    Robert need your help already lol. I need to hook the shore water up. There are taps on the port and starboard side. I know one is probably saltwater wash, one is shore water and one is probably a tank fill. None are labeled. Do you know? Also anyone know where to get the quick connect fitting for hose end? I have looked all over boat and can't find one

Outfitter we are changing the name to "Southern Drawl". We both have heavy accents and people thing we are from Texas. On the thru hulls I plan to check them out. My main goal tomorrow is to get all bilge pumps working and to get water on the boat so we can sleep there. Wife will be cleaning and scrubbing inside. I will take pictures of projects as they occur. There will be many

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Robert need your help already lol. I need to hook the shore water up. There are taps on the port and starboard side. I know one is probably saltwater wash, one is shore water and one is probably a tank fill. None are labeled. Do you know? Also anyone know where to get the quick connect fitting for hose end? I have looked all over boat and can't find one
    port side under cockpit coming about 2’ from the transom. Tank fill is stbd foredeck. You can reach me at 803-238-3510 if you like.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Nice boat. Looks like a bargain from the asking price.

Great looking boat! Love having a Hatteras. The only downfall is my wallet is slimmer every month but its worth the $
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Brian. Congrats on your purchase. Hopefully "Southern Drawl" will bring you years of good times. There is a ton of knowledge on this site and the members share it willingly. There are also some boat repairers and vendors for parts. And of course Sams has everything Hatteras. One piece of advice that was given to me when I first got Bella Sophia was to use my fresh water tank. It keeps it fresh and exercises the pump. If you do decide to use dock water, turn it off when you leave boat. If you break a pipe on board while hooked up to dock water, it could be trouble. You can't sink your boat with water you all ready have on board.Good luck and most of all, have fun!
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Quote Originally Posted by tonytrakovich View Post
    Brian. Congrats on your purchase. Hopefully "Southern Drawl" will bring you years of good times. There is a ton of knowledge on this site and the members share it willingly. There are also some boat repairers and vendors for parts. And of course Sams has everything Hatteras. One piece of advice that was given to me when I first got Bella Sophia was to use my fresh water tank. It keeps it fresh and exercises the pump. If you do decide to use dock water, turn it off when you leave boat. If you break a pipe on board while hooked up to dock water, it could be trouble. You can't sink your boat with water you all ready have on board.Good luck and most of all, have fun!
    X10

Fresh water sitting in a tank becomes nasty. And not sinking is a good thing.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.