Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Advise..source for claw type anchor and 1 inch dock line

Agree with Pascal, we used a 66 lb Bruce anchor for 12 years from Ca. Through Mexico and across the Pacific all the way to Thailand and it held great in many different bottom conditions. Biggest problem we had was in coral. It would sometimes scoop up a huge chunk of coral and I had to pound it off with a hammer, but it held real good. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Ditto, Pascal!!

I use a 110 with 3/8 chain and anchor with several boats alongside often. Never a problem.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

[QUOTE=northshoreone;320804]In looking at previous posts here, it appears a bruce claw anchor is one of the best at holding in all conditions. My question is that there are many different manufactures of this type of anchor. Which would you suggest and where do I order it from? The next question is about dock line. Looking for 1 inch unless you experts think 3/4 inch is good enough...and the best cost source please. The boat is 60ft and 93k lbs. Anchor size?? 110lb?
    Thanks[/QUOTE

Northshore,

I have a 110lb Bruce anchor for sale if your interested.

Mike
    Mike,

"SeaWhisperer"
    1969 Hatteras 53' MY
    Morehead City, NC.