Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

'78 43DC Head Exhaust Fan access

Anyone know how to access these fans? They appear to have been installed as if never to be seen again. The rear one sounds like it's just behind the left of two vents pictured, and behind the interior wood paneling in the center of the interior pic. The front one is not any easier to get to. Thanks Craig
    Attached Images

Re: '78 43DC Head Exhaust Fan access

I have the same question re a 1979 43DCAnd not just the heads. I can’t find access to the galley exhaust either. The book says the fuses for these fans are at the fans but provides no info on just where the fans are or how to get to them

On a 1979 43DC the access for the galley and aft head exhaust fans are as follows:

Galley - remove access panel inside storage cabinet to right of the range.

Aft head - remove the large 4 door wall storage cabinet in the salon, look inside toward the head and you'll see it.

I have never had a reason to get to the forward head exh fan but I'd guess you'd need to remove the cabinet above the dinette table.

Hope this helps.

Yes that helps very much, thanks.