Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: Let the Fun Begin- It's Buying Time

To get a full beam master stateroom you have 3 Choices in a Production Boat from the 1990's1. A 58ft or Larger Ocean Yacht. In the Mid 1990's they made a 58, or late 1990's you could purchase the 60C2. A Convertible of 65ft and larger in other Brands. In the 1990's a 65 Donzi/Roscioli is a Hallway width away from being a Full beam master. Or a Viking 72C, or from 1997 through 2004 a Hatteras 70C. Those would be your smallest options for a Full Beam Master in that era in a Converible. Unless you found a custom boat. 3. A Cockpit Motoryacht. That's it if you want the full beam master built in Mid to Late 1990'sTony

To get a full beam master stateroom you have 3 Choices in a Production Boat from the 1990's. 1. A 58ft or Larger Ocean Yacht. In the Mid 1990's they made a 58, or late 1990's you could purchase the 60C. 2. A Convertible of 65ft and larger in other Brands. In the 1990's a 65 Donzi/Roscioli is a Hallway width away from being a Full beam master. Or a Viking 72C, or from 1997 through 2004 a Hatteras 70C. Those would be your smallest options for a Full Beam Master in that era in a Converible. Unless you found a custom boat. 3. A Cockpit Motoryacht. That's it if you want the full beam master built in Mid to Late 1990's. Tony

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2001...s#.WeCleLYpDYV
    This one that Tony posted seems like a hell of a good deal. I was thinking a 70 would be nice but this is a second boat and the 70 may just be too big. It’s a lot to maintain and the size can limit usage. A 60C or smaller would be my choice but the price probably won’t be much less than that 70 so... those MTUs are fantastic and should be fine with those hours. Rarely do they need rebuilds unless there’s a failure that causes damage. Easily a 10K hour engine and then it’s only a top end refresh.
    Jack Sardina

For your requirements I'd probably lean toward 58-65 Ocean. The interior is going to be larger than other brands of similar size.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Didn't attach
    Looks great.

It's duel 8617 screens behind black acrylic. Looks great and modern.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks all for your help. If I were to sacrifice the full beam master for the enclosed bridge, preferably with the enclosed stairway, other than adding the 58 Vikings etc. would that open me up to other choices? I like the 18' beam of the Vikings. Anything over 65 I think might just be too much in all respects for what I am looking for. Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    2000's hatt 60's have enclosed bridge and internal stairway to the bridge and cat engines like this http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2000.../United-States
    Probably more than I want to spend but this size and style is just what I am looking for. Does anyone know this boat? No hours listed.condition?

The Viking 65's are big roomy boats, the knock on them is they don't ride as well as some of their other boats, you may notice they demand a little less than what you would think. The 61's are really good all around boats and a bit more manageable than the the 65's.
    Have always liked the newer Hatteras 60c and 65c.
    Thought the 60 Ocean's were pretty good boats, fished on one a few times, all things of course are relative. There's a big difference between a 15 year old Hatt or Viking and a 15 year old Ocean.
    You may want to make sure the boat has a mezzanine, adds quite a bit of functionality both at the dock and away from it.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E