Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1969 TC bilge

1969 TC bilge

Been looking for the location of the bilge pumps. Found the one up by the v berth but the one back by aft cabin is a mystery to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: 1969 TC bilge

Look for a discharge then you may have a clue as to where it is (or was)
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Do you have the blueprints that came with the Hatteras Owner's manual. If so, one will show where the pumps were originally placed. If not, call Hatteras with your hull number and they can look at the print they have on record and help.

Pete

PO may have taken it out and didn’t replace. Check the specs for factory location.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Look underneath the dresser in the aft cabin. On my '72 44 TC, the bottom two "drawers" on the centerline dresser are just false fronts, removing them gives access to the steering gear and to the aft bilge pump.

On our 68 41TC it's in the center under the support that holds the steering cylinder, kind of hidden. However the bilge water would have to be pretty deep to get to the pump. All mine drains to the front up in the v berth as well

Jburris you might be right. I did climb down in the compartment behind the mirror in the aft cabin and was able to spot the hoses however I am not so young and flexiable to actually be able to get down on my knees in that area to search around. Gpillissier - I am heading back tomorrow and I hope you are correct and mine also has fake drawers for access. So far , trying to install float switches has been a challenge. Lol even with the one in the forward v berth has me scratching my head how to run the positive lead wire up to that compartment has me perplexed.