Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Flo- Scan Alternatives????

I’m finally considering taking the plunge and purchasing Flo-Scans. Before I make this investment is anyone aware of any alternatives? Although I’m sure they will pay for themselves a few years down the line, I want to consider all options. This just seems like a ridiculous amount of money given how competitive the marine industry has become. The Flo Scan’s will be around $2,700 all in, probably more by the time I’m done.
    Capt. TJ Karbowski
    Rock & Roll Charters
    Clinton, CT
    www.rockandrollcharters.com

Re: Flo- Scan Alternatives????

Thats a pretty good price if your getting the right Detroit package with gauges. Depending on the engines and displays they can cost more than $4k for nmea versions.

What are you looking for? A better system interface? Different gauges?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I just want to know how many gph I'm burning at any given time instead of guessing. Digital tachs would be nice but not imperative. I often run 25 miles per day on plane every day for 6 weeks straight during the spring and I'd really like to be able to dial it in for maximum efficiency.
    Capt. TJ Karbowski
    Rock & Roll Charters
    Clinton, CT

I bought one for a new 25' trophy I had in the late 90's. It was very accurate in burn and remaining fuel and I could find my sweet spot in any conditions. Problem is now I cannot run a boat without one and yes they are pricey but well worth the money. I haven't looked into any alternatives but I did have a hydrasport I put a new etec on and the fuel management sys was sweet.

Martin makes sensors to add to a nmea2000 system but it's not as simple as setting up a flowscan.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Just looking for as basic as possible... GPH.
    Capt. TJ Karbowski
    Rock & Roll Charters
    Clinton, CT