Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: 1/2 MIL 53MY all black -- are you kidding me?!!!

I see that boat around from time to time. I wouldn't want it but it looks better than you might think. He must have the thing washed and waxed every couple days.

Eric

Designer and/or decorator is definitely from the "hood". I am just surprised how they missed installing a round master bed??!!

They couldn't get the matching ball overhead to stop rocking so they gave up on the round bed.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Am I mistaken thinking that this boat has been the subject of derision here before? I seem to recall the picture of Audrey Hepburn...why that, I can’t say.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

To each his own.

What I see, on this one, are some very interesting modifications that appear to be executed at a high level; along with a very tidy and clean engine room.
    Not my taste but the owner spent a ton of money, has some big big ones to go down this path, and hopefully got what they wanted.
    It's a shame every old Hatteras isn't kept in the great condition this one is.
    Just think they could have gone with the matte black paint finish instead of gloss?????
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Look its not my taste either, but I agree with the previous comments. There's a buyer for this and I bet he gets near asking. Lots of bling for the girlfriend, notoriety for the owner.

I am a traditionalist/purist when it comes to older Hatts so I really don't like this one. But I am really mostly surprised that the comments here are mostly about the color and the quality of the mods and the clean engine rooms. There have been no comments about the price. If you look past the colors and decorating and think about what you would get for $500,000, that is the question, IMO.

I can't imagine paying that for any 1977 53MY, even if it had been repowered, which this one hasn't. Does it have stabilizers? How about the electronics? Inverters? Isolation transformers? Generator? Bow Thruster? The big dollar items? There is NO WAY this boat will ever sell at even half that price.

EDIT: When I first posted this, I thought the price was listed at $499,000, now it says $399,000. If it keeps falling like that, maybe it will sell in a few weeks.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 10-06-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Uhhh, they forgot to paint the engines black.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

It was $499k.

It seems it's a cruise charter for the decorators
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamboat View Post
    Uhhh, they forgot to paint the engines black.
    </golf clap>

Well struck.