Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Looking for Halon helm panel light

Anyone know where I can find a better looking replacement? I'm hoping for "new old stock" It measures 1 7/8" by 2 15/16".
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Re: Looking for Halon helm panel light

Replace with LED
    Bob

Hi Bob, I appreciate the suggestion. It's the panel that I want to replace. I think the light may already be an LED.
    Eric

These were used on gas boate ch will shut down with halon. For diesel, you should have a shut down module whcih comes with a standard round gauge with light and override switch
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    These were used on gas boate ch will shut down with halon. For diesel, you should have a shut down module whcih comes with a standard round gauge with light and override switch
    Perhaps on a modern diesel boat! Mine is a 1966 antique. I'm merely attempting (with not much luck so far) to find a better looking old Fireboy panel to replace this one that is crusty. The likely answer is to have my engraving guy custom fabricate a direct replacement using the old one as a template.
    Eric

Eric,

the existing cover has an authentic "patina". This should add value to your boat.

Mark
    Lake of the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Perhaps on a modern diesel boat! Mine is a 1966 antique. I'm merely attempting (with not much luck so far) to find a better looking old Fireboy panel to replace this one that is crusty. The likely answer is to have my engraving guy custom fabricate a direct replacement using the old one as a template.
    But how much good does a halon system do you if the agent gets sucked in the engines before it can do its job?

Just did an annual certification on the boat i run and we tested the shut down ayatem and over ride. Its not about the age of the boat, the shut down output can be connected to the shut down solenoid on a DD

I removing the CO bottle on my 53 and installing a bottle in each ER and gen room. Not sure yet if i ll put a single shut down for all machinery or three separate ones
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

What does the survey say? Is there a shutdown somewhere?

That system will barely slow down the engines. They will evacuate the gas before it can do it's job.

If it's not connected to a shut down its useless. Get a sticker made up that looks like a new one and don't worry about the light. It's not protecting anything without the shutdown.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I've had the expense of inspecting, weighing and tagging this system annually since I've owned the boat. I'm not quite sure why the fire company took my money if the system us "useless" as Pascal and boatsb have testified here. So this afternoon, I removed the entire system and threw it in the dumpster. It discharged when it hit the bottom of the empty container. The good news is that I no longer need the small helm panel that was the original subject of this posting. I'm feeling safer already. THANK YOU.
    Eric

Or you could have added a shut down system.

Just saying.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.