Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Galley remodel

Re: Galley remodel

I see you decided to put the frig on the forward facing wall. Others here have commented that doing so is not ideal. I understand that Hatteras did that in the early years and then moved it to the rear facing wall. I comment on that becouse after doing a bunch of layout sketches it makes sense to have it on the forward wall. I personally don't want to install a large house style frig. I may go with a large isotherm 320 with lower drawers. What are you thoughts Are you worried that stuff will come tumbling out when you open it
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Hope you don't mind me adding a few photos of my install. Used a similar 33" whirlpool after original ge packed up. Only side by side I could find that would fit. We didn't want ice and water through door but do have the internal ice maker installed. Galley range is propane which I understand is not everyones choice but works for us. Excuse the photo layout, life too short to sort it out.20171022_161553.jpg20171022_161627.jpg20171022_161703.jpg

We do not run on a plane, we are a 9 knot boat so not concerned, but we do run straps around our fridge with quick connects when underway.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Got the cabinets finished on the port side and the guys just installed the quartz countertops, hope to finish the back splash this weekend. John
    Attached Images
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

Love the granite color. Looks similar to what I have at home. What’s it called I’ll check.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Got the cabinets finished on the port side and the guys just installed the quartz countertops, hope to finish the back splash this weekend. John
    who did your countertops... If my boat dosent sell Ill want to do something like what you are doing in the galley

Great company called Rock-It. They are in San Marcos. Super service and great installers. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

No the color name of the granite.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Rusty, it is Q Quartz Blanca Arbescato, John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

It looks like granite, unbelievable how they can do that. Allene will look up the color name of what we put it. They do look close. Did you redo the two counter tops in the aft area?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California