Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lowland Yachts

Lowland Yachts

Does anyone here have any knowledge or opinion of these Dutch built boats? There are a couple for sale, but it is not easy to find much information about them or the builder. I know that a steel displacement hull with Gardner diesels is the exact opposite of a Hatteras, but there is a wealth of knowledge here and I was hoping someone might have heard something about them over the years. Thanks in advance......

Specifically, we are seeking information on the 68 footer in Ft Lauderdale.

Re: Lowland Yachts

Wooden shoes, steel boats??

I had to.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Is this the boat?

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985...s#.WdKdJiypW1t

If it is, and please don't take this the wrong way but why would you want a boat that is woefully underpowered?

That is a lot of boat, pictures are really good and it and certainly looks like the PO has taken care of Her.

I'm no expert, but 9kts - max power at 10kts??.... I would think it should be able to run faster than a trawler. Maybe someone here can explain why there is only 195 HP per engine?

Quote Originally Posted by ralexa6808 View Post
    Is this the boat?

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985...s#.WdKdJiypW1t

If it is, and please don't take this the wrong way but why would you want a boat that is woefully underpowered?

That is a lot of boat, pictures are really good and it and certainly looks like the PO has taken care of Her.

I'm no expert, but 9kts - max power at 10kts??.... I would think it should be able to run faster than a trawler. Maybe someone here can explain why there is only 195 HP per engine?
    Maybe for the same reason LRCs are owned (displacement hulls that hold their value so well). I'm sure you have heard the old saw about LRCs: They have 3 speeds: idle, cruise and WOT and all are 7 knots...

If this is a trawler, it's the world's best looking one, isn't it.

A fiberglass yacht this size would be a lot of work to maintain. A steel yacht of this size with teak decks would be much more work to maintain. A wise friend of mine once said,"when you buy something, think about the next owner after you." I think that applies here. This seems like a great deal of money for a metal boat, that has a great deal of upkeep built in, AND is powered by engines that are seldom seen in the USA, so finding someone to work on them will be a bit difficult. I think Gardners are good engines, from all I've heard, but I've been in boating since the 1980s and I've never actually seen one.

I'd try to find something made of fiberglass, with diesels that you can find a technician for. That kind of money will buy you any number of decent yachts- maybe not quite this showy, but easier to take care of, and which will be attractive to a new owner when you're done with her. This boat is so unusual it might be sale proof.

It is a trawler...9kt is fast for most trawlers.

What's the yearly maintenance on that vessel?

She is gorgeous. If the pictures are a true representation of her and the quality of the build I would consider her a work of art. I couldn't live on a boat like that. I'd be afraid to get it dirty.

And lots of teak to care for.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If you owned that boat, you would need to be retired and wealthy enough to keep a few people employed taking care of her.

If I owned it is have to tell my family I sold it so they don't make a mess on it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

It has more power than a 65 Hat LRC. And it is likely heavier.

The pictures show well.

I have wondered about the resale value of boats in steel at that size. In the 60 to 70' range there are many fiberglass boats available given the extra maintenance.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY