Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Just saw this neat old 1966 28 Cruiser on Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-USED-HA...lZya6V&vxp=mtr

I always thought it would be fun to totally rehab one of these. Put a couple of little diesels in there, new electronics, new paint. Could be a fun little boat with the amenities of a big boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Just saw this neat old 1966 28 Cruiser on Ebay

I k ow where there is a pair of yanmar 4lh engines in great shape for sale.

I think 230 hp with 1.5:1 transmissions.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

What would be the max cruise you could get out of this hull?
    It is tempting.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Im in the process of restoring a 1967 28C hull#46. This one looks like a new boat compaired to the old girl i drug home. These boats are built like a tank. This hull was the hull that was copied and used in Vietnam in the war to run the shallow rivers. The boats have a great history. Just spoke with hatteras today researching wiring scamatics and was told they have seen the anywhere from 3 grand to 60 grand Don in Bokeelia Fl1967 28C #46

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I k ow where there is a pair of yanmar 4lh engines in great shape for sale.I think 230 hp with 1.5:1 transmissions.
    What are they asking. Just curious. That would be a great upgrade Don in Bikeelia Fl

Pm sent.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinghigh View Post
    Im in the process of restoring a 1967 28C hull#46. This one looks like a new boat compaired to the old girl i drug home. These boats are built like a tank. This hull was the hull that was copied and used in Vietnam in the war to run the shallow rivers. The boats have a great history. Just spoke with hatteras today researching wiring scamatics and was told they have seen the anywhere from 3 grand to 60 grand Don in Bokeelia Fl1967 28C #46
    Not unless Uniflight copied the Hatteras hull. The River boats were built by Uniflight. They developed a fire retardant fiberglass for those boats.

Its the Boat Slane submitted for that purpose but he didn't receive the contract.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by maj75 View Post
    Not unless Uniflight copied the Hatteras hull. The River boats were built by Uniflight. They developed a fire retardant fiberglass for those boats.
    Hatteras sold the goverment the first two hulls. And was offered the contract for 200 boats. Hatteras turned down the conttract because the goverment wanted to put inspectors in the factory!! Goverment had the hulls copied . Great video on the history on u tube