Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First summer

Re: First summer

Thanks for sharing your story. I bought my Hatteras 11 years ago for the sole purpose of spending more time on the water with my family (after selling our lake house) and finally making the run to the Gulf I had dreamed about since I was a ten year old kid with a jon boat. Things didn't turn out like I had planned, but I still have some great memories. My son and I actually lived on the boat for a short time.

Here's my then three year old at the helm and at his favorite cruising spot watching the wake. He's now 14 years old, stands at 6'2", weighs 235 and wears a size 12 shoe!
    Attached Images
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Can he dunk?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks Randy, my son and I lived aboard on and off for the summer. We would spend 4 days at a time on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    Thanks Randy, my son and I lived aboard on and off for the summer. We would spend 4 days at a time on the boat.
    You will never forget those days. And many days will pass that you wish they were back treat with care.

My son, now 18, starts his life on a 39 Searay in '98. He now barrows the boat and goes without me. Cherish the time with you children, eventually they have their own life, and you will be a smaller part of it.

Great story!!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

We lived on our boat for close to 5 years from the time our 2 daughters were newborns until we decided to sell the boat (a catamaran) buy a house and put the kids in school.

We had the time of our lives, traveled all up and down the east coast (from Maine to the Dry Tortugas), Bermuda, the Bahamas. Now our babies are grown woman and away at college.

My wife and I are planning lots more family stuff on our Hatteras!!!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

2nd summer is coming. When is the boat splashing?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

We splashing third week of may.