Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First summer

First summer

We hauled out on Friday. It seems like yesterday I was bringing the new boat home. It was not really love at first I lost some sleep asking myself what did you just do. I would sit up in the middle of the night saying you fool you have never even owned a boat and you bought a 45 footer you idiot. You idiot you have a son the boat is going to consume you. This would play in my head over and over. Now that summer is over and the boat out of the water I am sitting here saying what a summer. Our first trip out to the stellwagon we put 150 haddock on the deck. My 5 year old son has absolutely fallen in love with the boat and fishing. The lessons being taught are invaluable plus the time we have spent together is amazing. We spent 3 days pulling out wire and installing the new inverter not to mention the countless smaller projects. Seeing him engaged and wanting to learn how to do this or that is just awesome. Plus there is this.
    Attached Images

Re: First summer

Sometimes, peer pressure is a wonderful thing!

(to explain to everybody, I would bug SeaPig every few days asking, "did ya buy that boat yet?")
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I've raised an adopted son and now his children on boats. It's a wonderful life. Good for you.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Seapig100, That is a great story! Now how about some gallery photos to go with. Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I will post some more when I get home tonight.
    Attached Images

Great shot of the boat in Oak Bluffs. I've raised my two daughters on boats since they were in Momma a belly and they love it! The Vineyard was a great place to take your son huh? Carousel much??????

Yes oak bluffs was great, however we enjoyed Cuttyhunk even more.

My boys are being raised as boaters. Spend the majority of the summer on the boat and never want to give up any boat time. We're on the boat now. They just headed out on their kayaks for a little ride before we head out.
    Jack Sardina

WATER SPORTS. Have kept my family together from wakeboard to compition skying to marlin fishing.
    at Hatteras Marlin club finding new friends Freebird Scott Spellbound Jack on and own DONT GET NO BETTER
    all from boating.

family and friends is what boats are all about.. we just introduced some new friends to our boat, they cant get enough of it. some of the best times of my life have been on boats. my parents introduced boats to me at 4 years old