Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

45C Swim Platform

We are thinking of selling the swim platform off our 1990 45C. I was wondering if anyone knows what its worth, and if anyone here would be interested. The swim platform is in normal good condition, no damage to it, and its painted Hatteras White with nonskid. Any advice or interest would be appreciated.

Thank You
    Tony

Re: 45C Swim Platform

I may be interested. Looking at building one, but purchasing one would be much easier. Not sure about fitment- i have a 73 45c. I would imagine it would not fit- but it's worth looking into.
    Skrmetta90
    "Longitude 90" - 1973 45C
    Biloxi, MS

Quote Originally Posted by skrmetta90 View Post
    I may be interested. Looking at building one, but purchasing one would be much easier. Not sure about fitment- i have a 73 45c. I would imagine it would not fit- but it's worth looking into.
    I believe the width of the boats are similar. What would really matter would be the curve of the transom. I'm sure if you called Hatteras they would know if it would fit. Again, ours is 1990. If I get time I'll try to check as well. ThanksTony

I put a call in to Hatteras- the service department is going to look into it and let me know. I'll measure the curve and the width tomorrow morning and get back with you.

Thanks
    Skrmetta90
    Biloxi, MS

No response from Hatteras yet- going to call again this afternoon. The transom width at the water line is 147 15/16"- basically 148. I could not measure the curve by myself at lunch- i'll need another set of hands to get that done. Probably be Saturday. Hopefully Hatteras will give me some info today.

Thanks
    Skrmetta90
    Biloxi, MS

Is it still available? I have a 45C 1990 and interested in the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Island View Post
    Is it still available? I have a 45C 1990 and interested in the platform.
    It is, It's actually still on the boat. My father is in Lauderdale and using boat this week. So when he leaves town next week our plan was to go into the yard for a bottom job and remove it then. There was a guy nearby who said he's "interested" once we get it off but he didn't make any formal offer as of yet. So yes, it's available. Overall it's in great shape, no holes or cracks or anything. The only issue there may be is I "think one of the steel brackets underneath is cracked. Other then that it's nice, with good paint and nonskid. There are probably a few pictures of it if you look under our boats gallery.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    It is, It's actually still on the boat. My father is in Lauderdale and using boat this week. So when he leaves town next week our plan was to go into the yard for a bottom job and remove it then. There was a guy nearby who said he's "interested" once we get it off but he didn't make any formal offer as of yet. So yes, it's available. Overall it's in great shape, no holes or cracks or anything. The only issue there may be is I "think one of the steel brackets underneath is cracked. Other then that it's nice, with good paint and nonskid. There are probably a few pictures of it if you look under our boats gallery.

Tony
    A couple of questions
    1.- How are the brackets attached to the hull, is it bolted through hull with a backplate?
    2.- Do you have approx. weight in order for me to calculate shipping to Rep. of Panama?
    3.- Your asking price?

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl Island View Post
    A couple of questions
    1.- How are the brackets attached to the hull, is it bolted through hull with a backplate?
    2.- Do you have approx. weight in order for me to calculate shipping to Rep. of Panama?
    3.- Your asking price?

Thomas
    I know its through bolted, but I'm not sure about a backing plate or not. I'll have the captain take a picture for me. Weight? no idea but Hatteras would know I'm sure.
    Price? Let me ask around and what its worth, I'm not sure to be truthful. I figured if someone wants it, they must have been shopping around and know what it's worth more so then me. I'm not looking to get rich off it, but I do know it must have some value. Maybe the value will cover my cost of having to haul the boat and properly remove it.

Thanks
    Tony

Ok, I contacted SAM'S and wait for their answer.

Anyone on the forum have an idea about the approx. weight, no need to be exact?