Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Hurricane ripped off fly bridge

Tim, his boat is at Caicos Shipyard where they perform commercial and recreational boat repairs, re fits, maintenance etc. good knowledgeable people and craftsmen but will be expensive. Island was crushed, Blue Haven Marina's floating docks in pieces, Turtle Cove sunk, damaged boats, Conch Shack damaged but still standing, lots of island people still living in shelters.
    Randy, Benny was calling me from Rum Cay almost every day telling us to watch out.....he surely knows after Jaquin, said to say hi.

I have a pair of wing doors that I removed from my 1982 48 MY that you can have for free if you can use them. They are the original factory doors and there is no provision that I am aware of to replace the plexiglass which is why I figured I would just make some new doors. The plexi is old but perhaps it can be polished somewhat to make it OK. I really like the idea of marrying your boat with the 48 yachtfisher in NC. It has some very nice features that can be exchanged or probably better yet, finish it off and you have a great live aboard much like your 44 but with a cockpit..perfect for the islands.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Tim, his boat is at Caicos Shipyard where they perform commercial and recreational boat repairs, re fits, maintenance etc. good knowledgeable people and craftsmen but will be expensive. Island was crushed, Blue Haven Marina's floating docks in pieces, Turtle Cove sunk, damaged boats, Conch Shack damaged but still standing, lots of island people still living in shelters.
    Randy, Benny was calling me from Rum Cay almost every day telling us to watch out.....he surely knows after Jaquin, said to say hi.
    I've been thinking about Benny with all this mess coming through the islands. Glad to hear he's okay... again. Give him my best.

Now, where should Tim and I pick you up?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Tim your a class act. Helping out a fellow owner without looking to benefit.

Turks and caicos are great islands with great people and woukd be so much better off if carnival would not control most of the cruise ship commerce.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Walt P, Thank you, I believe I will need to take you up on the doors, at least for the starboard door as I think its broke in half. The starboard wing door is circled in the picture. I'll know more when I get down to Turks on Saturday. Communications has been thin with the people down there. I heard some cell service companies have been more reliable than others. I don't know if the cell companies are down or if that everyone is busy just circle 1.jpgpicking up the pieces. If anyone has a buddy down there that needs something brought down please have them hit me up and I can hand carry it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    after reading his post and freebird making the offer he did it was just a natural to help. You know me and children special place in my thinking. When he said his family and 2 boys he sold me. I have space for him so its no bother for me. If it helps him so be it.Today i was lazy stayed at home and fused with direct tv, I fliped through the computor and emailed you a couple of post about Turkes. Today i used google earth and toured around Turks.There seems to be a so so large island on the Cuba side looked like salt mining is that correct?
    I looked of course just with google earth i did not see any meathod for moving it away but there was a lot piled up. It could have been phospate. would it be under British control or free market.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/74276590# it is salt
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 09-14-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Hi ,

a little bit off topics, but I just wanted to say that I'm deeply impressed by the help and knowledge you guys are providing here at this forum, especially now after Irma. I'm from Switzerland and I'm following this forum from a safe distance (no hurricanes) and learning a lot about my own boat. Vintage Hatts are a rare species here in Europe (southern France, Cote d'Azure), and it's not easy to find a good mechanic to look after it...

Thanks to all and good luck!
    Thomas

'80 53MY "Lady Cassidy"

Tim, island is Great Inagua, Morton Salt controls the island economy and picture is mounds of salt. Dos Equis you are in good hands with the Shipyard people and Caribbean Marine Diesel which is in the same location are good honest people.

Ive been there years ago and it's a cool operation. Just evac the seawater and take out the precipitated. I remember that had tons of gypsum there too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by fellmannthun View Post
    Hi ,

a little bit off topics, but I just wanted to say that I'm deeply impressed by the help and knowledge you guys are providing here at this forum, especially now after Irma. I'm from Switzerland and I'm following this forum from a safe distance (no hurricanes) and learning a lot about my own boat. Vintage Hatts are a rare species here in Europe (southern France, Cote d'Azure), and it's not easy to find a good mechanic to look after it...

Thanks to all and good luck!
    Thomas

'80 53MY "Lady Cassidy"
    Send some of that famous chocolate you can be a good guy to do not send to Freebird he sweet enough