Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: Hurricane ripped off fly bridge

Quote Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
    I have several windshield sections from 53's and a Flybridge Fisherman from approximately 1985. I have no way of knowing if they are the same. I would be glad to photograph and measure. The problem is the shipping cost and hoping they would arrive in usable condition. These are also in fair condition and will need some level of restoration eventually. I will donate them to your cause but it may still not be a cost effective way to go. I would personally Jerry Rig temporary windows in place with plexiglass etc and then have Brodus build you windows. Good luck and let me know if I can assist.
    I really hate to see a family journey end in this way.I cam but think what a time for a family a trip of a life time all will remember.That in mine lets see if old freebird and i can help. My little mariner is about 20 miles from where the boat he is talking about is now on the hard.I know there are a lot of questions concerning parts and exchanging fitting and etc. But lets see salvage as many parts as you can put them inside the boat. ship or under its on power move to Morehead city.
    i will put the boat on the hard at no cost to you. You can make the 20 mile trip to fetch what parts are necessary (you can use my trailer and truck if necessary at no cost) again to fetch the parts. We do painting sanding and glass repairs there you can do all the work yourself or where it requires help we can help or bring someone to help. On the grounds we have a small bath house and small shower with 2 bunk beds and heat AC & tv which you can use at no cost. I guess what i am trying to say is my little mariner is open to you however you may need it.
    Brodas Rose put the windows in my 52c his shop is close to me less than 4 miles.So if necessary you can yell at him while you are around.
    I do have one question during my one visit to Turks i did not see a yard that eaven had a air compressor. Is there one there that has the knowledge and tools to do that kind of work? All i saw was turtle cove.

Tim Powell
    cell # 919 255 0882
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 09-13-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Hey Tim, we could use another adventure. We could load up in your boat, head down the ICW, pick up that 48YF, and put my towing endorsement to work. You can ride in the 48 and fish all the way down! 😀
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Hey Tim, we could use another adventure. We could load up in your boat, head down the ICW, pick up that 48YF, and put my towing endorsement to work. You can ride in the 48 and fish all the way down! 
    I am game if you can talk Spellbound into it He is the Turks king
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 09-13-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Tim, his boat is at Caicos Shipyard where they perform commercial and recreational boat repairs, re fits, maintenance etc. good knowledgeable people and craftsmen but will be expensive. Island was crushed, Blue Haven Marina's floating docks in pieces, Turtle Cove sunk, damaged boats, Conch Shack damaged but still standing, lots of island people still living in shelters.
    Randy, Benny was calling me from Rum Cay almost every day telling us to watch out.....he surely knows after Jaquin, said to say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Tim, his boat is at Caicos Shipyard where they perform commercial and recreational boat repairs, re fits, maintenance etc. good knowledgeable people and craftsmen but will be expensive. Island was crushed, Blue Haven Marina's floating docks in pieces, Turtle Cove sunk, damaged boats, Conch Shack damaged but still standing, lots of island people still living in shelters.
    Randy, Benny was calling me from Rum Cay almost every day telling us to watch out.....he surely knows after Jaquin, said to say hi.
    I've been thinking about Benny with all this mess coming through the islands. Glad to hear he's okay... again. Give him my best.

Now, where should Tim and I pick you up?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Tim your a class act. Helping out a fellow owner without looking to benefit.

Turks and caicos are great islands with great people and woukd be so much better off if carnival would not control most of the cruise ship commerce.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Walt P, Thank you, I believe I will need to take you up on the doors, at least for the starboard door as I think its broke in half. The starboard wing door is circled in the picture. I'll know more when I get down to Turks on Saturday. Communications has been thin with the people down there. I heard some cell service companies have been more reliable than others. I don't know if the cell companies are down or if that everyone is busy just circle 1.jpgpicking up the pieces. If anyone has a buddy down there that needs something brought down please have them hit me up and I can hand carry it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    after reading his post and freebird making the offer he did it was just a natural to help. You know me and children special place in my thinking. When he said his family and 2 boys he sold me. I have space for him so its no bother for me. If it helps him so be it.Today i was lazy stayed at home and fused with direct tv, I fliped through the computor and emailed you a couple of post about Turkes. Today i used google earth and toured around Turks.There seems to be a so so large island on the Cuba side looked like salt mining is that correct?
    I looked of course just with google earth i did not see any meathod for moving it away but there was a lot piled up. It could have been phospate. would it be under British control or free market.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/74276590# it is salt
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 09-14-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Hi ,

a little bit off topics, but I just wanted to say that I'm deeply impressed by the help and knowledge you guys are providing here at this forum, especially now after Irma. I'm from Switzerland and I'm following this forum from a safe distance (no hurricanes) and learning a lot about my own boat. Vintage Hatts are a rare species here in Europe (southern France, Cote d'Azure), and it's not easy to find a good mechanic to look after it...

Thanks to all and good luck!
    Thomas

'80 53MY "Lady Cassidy"

Tim, island is Great Inagua, Morton Salt controls the island economy and picture is mounds of salt. Dos Equis you are in good hands with the Shipyard people and Caribbean Marine Diesel which is in the same location are good honest people.