Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

12point alarm on 1981. 53my

Although the alarm lights are working as normal the audible alarm on the fly bridge as well as the saloon is dead.Is there a fuse somewhere ?

Re: 12point alarm on 1981. 53my

I can tell you only about mine may be diffrent. Mine is a 89. The two are wired together if one not working the other will not work.
    Unscrew the panel and lean it back push test light and check. Should show juice. If it does no the horn is bad check both. Call Sams Marine and speak to Steve he has some knowledge
    as he was a little involved in the making of the things. Second thought Roger worthing who workes with Kohler generator actually did most of the work on them. Mine went to the bad while he was at Jarret bay.
    He came there and fixed it with a helper. He explained to me he did a lot of work on them while at hatteras.
    GOOD LUCK BEST I CAN DO
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 08-26-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Check the silence button. Sometimes they get jammed from sea spray on the fly bridge. Spray some WD40 on the knob, pull back with a pair of pliers and see if it solves the problem. Fixed mine that way
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

The silence button was stuck in

Quote Originally Posted by ian w View Post
    The silence button was stuck in
    That my man will be your cheapest fix. Mark my words. LOL
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Nice call Ron.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Yes thanks for the diagnosis Ron. In reply to Seven in the 28 years I have owned the 53 many faults have been self diagnosed and sorted with no cost !Currently sorting a Garmin where the depth flashes but does not alter .