Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Lonmarine Flooring

Has anybody used Lonmarine flooring. We're about to re do the master head on our 46c and we need to pull up the flooring to address a soft spot about the size of a quarter. Lonmarine's Teak and Holley looks pretty close to the wood floor in our galley. There is some curvature in the floor so I'm looking for something with a little flexibility. I'm just wondering about quality and durability.

Re: Lonmarine Flooring

I just finished up installing Lonseal in my heads, and so far it's doing wonderful. Wow, I can't speak to the durability just yet. I spent a lot of time getting the old adhesive off the floor and two layers of flooring. I also skimmed the floor with a leveler. The stuff is very thick and easy to work with. I can send you a sample if you wish?
    Attached Images
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Let me know the sizes of your pieces you may need. I may have them left over. Depending on what colors you're looking for. I have the solid teak and the teak and ivory.
    Attached Images
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Thanks Eddie! Ill PM you my address. It would be great to be able to look at a piece before I order some.

Have you looked into upgrading the counter tops? We're thinking about doing some kind of overlay but haven't got very far on that one.

5. Re: Lonmarine Flooring

I have had it in my boat for about 10 years now. Holds up very well.

8 years on our boat, looks like new still. One thing if you do decide to go with Lonseal be sure to use there adhesive, it is far superior to anything I have seen. I have installed it in quite a few boats and made the mistake of using an adhesive I got at Home Depot.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.