Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Another “What is it “ this time galley sink

Replaced the kitchen sink faucet this weekend. I’ve noticed this drain pipe before and just assumed it was the remnants of an old trash compactor or something since I have an old breaker marked as such. This time I decided to peek down inside and I can see what looks like a bundle of old poly tubing chopped off to equal lengths. WTH ??
    Attached Images
    1986 54 Hatteras MY IOLANI

Re: Another “What is it “ this time galley sink

It could be a flux capacitor. All kidding aside I’ve never seen anything that looks like that.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Could it be part of a dry bilge system?
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    It could be a flux capacitor. All kidding aside I’ve never seen anything that looks like that.
    Ha. Anything is possible I guess although achieving 88 mph will be impossible!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Could it be part of a dry bilge system?
    I never even heard of that had to look it up. I’m gonna find a long pair of needle nose and tug on that bundle of tubing and see if it budges. Next maybe trace it back into the starboard engine room.

The one plus that came out of this is I found a water filter for the sink I didn’t know was hiding behind the back wall. Same cartridge as the one for the wet bar. It’s a good location because if it leaks it will run into the bilge instead of onto the floor but it’s also easy to forget or in my case even know that it's there. The last filter change was marked on the cartridge as being 2006 and I’ve been drinking from it for a year. Yuck !
    Last edited by IOLANI; 05-12-2024 at 07:24 PM.
    1986 54 Hatteras MY IOLANI

I was guessing a cable run? Wow.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL