Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Actisense EMU-1 NEMA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit FS

I have a year old EMU-1 For Sale. Works great, just doesn't work with the sending units I have.

http://www.actisense.com/product/emu-1/

I paid around $500 for it. Looking to get $375. PM me for details.

Re: Actisense EMU-1 NEMA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit FS

Hi, have been looking into nmea 2k converters to get the Phasor gen set onto our nmea 2k network as I now have the Cat's on. Gen has on unit electric gauges, I'm assuming we could try to piggyback from those senders or add new senders for the converter? Why exactly couldn't you make it work in your application? Thanks
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

3. Re: Actisense EMU-1 NEMA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit FS

So the gauge curves for our 12v Detroit senders were not part of the included gauge sets.

If you take a look at the FAQ they have the supported gauges listed under the "What Guages are compatible with the EMU-1" section.

http://www.actisense.com/faq/?product=emu-1

Re: Actisense EMU-1 NEMA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit FS

I've got a Hatteras SF and it's got DD 12v92TAs on it. I'm looking to use the Actisense module to digitize the signals for each engine as you were planning.

Can you elaborate what gauges you had that wasn't on the list?
    Can you also share what you ended up using instead?

Could we not replace the senders/receivers anyways to match or is there something I'm missing.

Thanks!

5. Re: Actisense EMU-1 NEMA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit FS

I switched over to the Noland MD33 for the mains and that doesn't seem to work well either although Noland has been promising a firmware update which is supposed to help. Also, I am planning on hooking up the Actisense to one generator which has VDO senders which i think will work out of the box.

6. Re: Actisense EMU-1 NEMA 2000 Engine Monitoring Unit FS

I ended up getting this working for our Northern Lights so im running with it for a while. The standard VDO senders work well with that unit it seems!