Took the boat out to view the Eclipse on the Tennessee River. Awesome, no really awesome.
Drove an hour upriver, anchored couple of hours and drove home. About 50 minutes into the return trip the port transmission oil gauge climbed to 220 degrees while stbd remained at 150.

Dropping RPM's to enter marina, the temperature dropped along with the RPM'S to 140 port and 120 stbd.

Went into the engine room to shoot with the infrared gun, which is my practice every hour anyway, and at the transmission dip sticks on both the temperatures were 140.

Prior to trip, oil clean and honey colored. Port showed full prior to starting and Stbd was down between the low mark and end of dip stick. What kind of oil does it take? Also, no evidence of leaks out the breather, at the filter, or tracing the cooling lines.

No misbehaving shifting. Getting into my slip is a lot of shifting work cause the aisle is 75' for the 56' boat. No slipping and no delay moving into gear.

Also I really think the cooling system needs to be flushed. Brown crude floating on top of the coolant. Thin crust. Any body know of someone in Chattanooga greater area besides D D who could do the work? I think it is beyond my rookie expertise.

Thanks in advance as always.
mark