Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1967 Hatteras 28 cruiser throttle/shifter question

There are two shifter throttle gizmos on my rescue boat. One controls port engine the other controls starboard engine. Question can they be set up so the port side controls both shifters. And the starboard controls the throttlesSeems like it would be easier this wayThanks for and and all amswers Many more questions to come as i get further alongDon in Bokeelia
    Attached Images

Re: 1967 Hatteras 28 cruiser throttle/shifter question

mine have both shifts on the stbd and the throttles on the port.

Most Ive seen are set up that way
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Yes, Just move the cables to the control head that you want.

Ok so its that easy. Thanks what i needed to hear. God BlessDon in Bokeelia

Are you saying you want both engines to be controlled by one throttle lever? That will probably not work very well. Engine sync sometimes has different positions and most dock maneuvering entails using different power settings and direction.

Make sure to change the plates on the top of your controls.I'd move the controls further apart. Really weird they are almost touching.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedart73 View Post
    Are you saying you want both engines to be controlled by one throttle lever? That will probably not work very well. Engine sync sometimes has different positions and most dock maneuvering entails using different power settings and direction.
    What i was thinking is both forward and reverse on one pair and both throttles on the other

Quote Originally Posted by maj75 View Post
    Make sure to change the plates on the top of your controls.I'd move the controls further apart. Really weird they are almost touching.
    I agree. Going to upgrade the dash somehow. All guages are working thank goodness. I agree they are way to close together. Is the plastic wood starboard easy to work with. I think it would look nicer and keep the 4 old school push pull switches maybe try to find more would lije two bilge pump switches. Or maybe jyst find more of the nameplates Thanks fot taking time to reply. Don

Now I see. I did not notice they were the two lever controls. I thought you wanted both throttles on single lever control. ( a little outside the box)

I think you may have a little bit more work to turn the throttle into a shift control. The shift lever may have an indention for neutral at the top. I think if you look underneath you can see if they have the same mechanism and throw length.