Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Repowered Hats leaning

Quote Originally Posted by brian4190 View Post
    Of course this may be a mute point as I may get hit by a cat 5 this weekend and lose my boat
    Sorry i do not have a answer for you on that one except to say. I thought keel walking was at high speeds issue not a trolling thing.As i understand keel walking the boat gets up on the keel and runs on a 4 inch wide keel. The whole thing sounds a little inpossible to me. But what do i know. Cricket can probley explain it to you.
    I am not sure but what you are describing may be known as surfing as i know only one cure . About 5 foot more boat that will reach out and get the next one coming. Does the boat list. Is the bow full of crap.
    I would never cut the keel. However if you notice the 46 HP their keel is all but gone. But that was done to keep up with or out run the Bertrams during the hat Burt shoot out. I will bet some of the Hat factory boys that ran the things can tell some stories about the 46 HP. In its day it was tuff and fast and a fisher.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 09-06-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Brian, if it's that bad at such low speeds it sounds more like a trim problem. Are you using tabs, have an all chain anchor rode or something else that's weighing the bow down??
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I always run down wave with the tabs up but I did add another set of tabs over the tunnels. The boat keel walks when at a pretty good speed as I am surfing down the face of the wave. This only happens when the seas are over 6 ft or so. If I go slow it is not an issue. These series 2 hulls designed by Jim wynne only were produced for about 5 or 6 years and may have this design flaw.
    brian
    1985 series II 36 convertible
    Palm city,fl

Bryian
    I have only had experience with one 36 which is not mine and a 34 that was mine so slow the walress could keep up with it. I have had a 34 a 41 and a 45 and now a 52. I have learned a lot along the way.
    Anything i may tell you would be guessing except for what i have lurned around where i keep my boat. I keep it at a small working mariner.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 09-06-2017 at 10:34 PM.