Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

looking for flybridge up grade pictures of early/mid 60's boats

looking for ideas for winter projects for a new to me 34. similar bridge to the 41 or maybe 45....

Re: looking for flybridge up grade pictures of early/mid 60's boats

Add your photos to get it started. This will be fun to see what comes up.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The layout is horrible on the 34 and 41c. Slane Marine used to have a mold and modified a lot of 41c.

FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    The layout is horrible on the 34 and 41c. Slane Marine used to have a mold and modified a lot of 41c.

Tom still hangs out at his shop once in a while. Brodus Rose at cape lookout windows bought a lot of Toms molds you may like to contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Tom still hangs out at his shop once in a while. Brodus Rose at cape lookout windows bought a lot of Toms molds you may like to contact him.
    I was going to buy the 41 bridge mold last year, but Tom said it was scrapped a few years ago.

this is a modification i was considering on my 41
    is the bridge in the pictures a slane bridge ?
    is it wider than the original hatteras bridge ?
    thanks mark
    1968 41c 671n's "lisaann"
    1985 21 superboat 250 merc
    1979 20' seacraft 150 johnny
    1994 10' caribe 25 merc

The small depth of modern lcd/led electronics opens up a lot of possibilities when designing a new console.
    There's been a lot of bridges from older Hatteras' that have been cut adding a piece to increase width also lengthened.
    Does anyone know if Slane's aft bumper rail went down to Brodus?
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by lisaann View Post
    is the bridge in the pictures a slane bridge ?
    is it wider than the original hatteras bridge ?
    That's a slane bridge. He made the mold by taking the original bridge and widening it slightly, removing the pod, and extended the sides aft a tiny bit for the windsheild.

From looking at lots of pics (but never in person), I think bridge was widened to go to the "drop offs" on the top (not sure what they are called).

Since the topic of electronics came up. I'd like to add some new stuff to my existing bridge, but I feel a multi-function display over head is just awkward (and I'm short, lol). Radios overhead seem fine, but I think these new fancy screens need to be down low or in front of the wheel. INPUT?

Quote Originally Posted by hunshatt View Post
    looking for ideas for winter projects for a new to me 34. similar bridge to the 41 or maybe 45....
    I started a post a couple of years ago called show us your helm. Check it out you might see something that you like.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    That's a slane bridge. He made the mold by taking the original bridge and widening it slightly, removing the pod, and extended the sides aft a tiny bit for the windsheild.From looking at lots of pics (but never in person), I think bridge was widened to go to the "drop offs" on the top (not sure what they are called).Since the topic of electronics came up. I'd like to add some new stuff to my existing bridge, but I feel a multi-function display over head is just awkward (and I'm short, lol). Radios overhead seem fine, but I think these new fancy screens need to be down low or in front of the wheel. INPUT?
    I occasionally run a budddy's Viking 44 with the display overhead. Mine is slightly below, to the right, and in front of the wheel. I'd take mine anytime.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL