Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Happened again

Re: Happened again

I hope they locate the missing Sailors.

I remember the responses in the forum from the last time this happened and I am flabbergasted to see it has happened again.

It's beyond my comprehension to believe that something like this could happen, and then happen again a few months later. What the frak is going on?

Raises huge concerns about the readiness and capabilities of not only The Navy but Our Armed Forces in general. I'm not an alarmist, just a realist, and to collide with another ship, with the systems, lookouts, redundancies, procedures, etc., it's disconcerting to see that it could happen again.
    Last edited by ralexa6808; 08-21-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Tragic, avoidable, and worrisome- if this shows the state of readiness of our Navy, we are in big trouble.

Before we get too critical of our people in uniform, could it be that these two events are just another form of running down civilians with trucks and vans?

What if our enemies have decided that ramming our naval vessels is an effective way to fight us, when they do not have weapons that match ours?

Pete

The military has promoted so many incompetent people up the chain of command it's amazing they function at all. My son threw his hands up after 12 years and 7 deployments in Afghanistan. All his friends that are still in are doing everything they can to get out. The political correctness and politics are so bad now I don't think anyone will be able to fix it.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Before we get too critical of our people in uniform, could it be that these two events are just another form of running down civilians with trucks and vans?

What if our enemies have decided that ramming our naval vessels is an effective way to fight us, when they do not have weapons that match ours?

Pete
    If our Navy, or any branch, is so complacent to allow a a foreign vessel of any size approach so close that a collision happens after the the USS Cole, causing the death of 17 American Sailors, is careless. Those missing Sailors, and all in uniform deserve better.

God bless our defenders!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I have to wonder if our naval officers have the freedom to fire on a non military vessel approaching them in an offensive conduct? With all the political correctness, I doubt it.

Perhaps a new order from the POTUS that any vessel approaching one of our military vessels without permission, within a mile, will be fired upon/sunk!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Before we get too critical of our people in uniform, could it be that these two events are just another form of running down civilians with trucks and vans?What if our enemies have decided that ramming our naval vessels is an effective way to fight us, when they do not have weapons that match ours?Pete
    If a tanker can run down an Arleigh Burke destroyer then it would be cause for a critique of the command.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Experts are saying focus is more on social and sexual orientation taining rather than navigational training. Anyone with half a brain knew the changes being implemented by Obama would degrade the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Experts are saying focus is more on social and sexual orientation taining rather than navigational training. Anyone with half a brain knew the changes being implemented by Obama would degrade the military.

I have been off shore and seen the ships freighter come by and no one in the wheel house as i can tell.
    I have hurd some of the bottom fishing boys say they have to look for them regular at night. They have been hooked up and have to move fast.
    Them things will make a easy 20 to 25 knots. If those bottom fishermen can get the heck out of the way whats wrong with our Navy? Looks like they have
    a lot of raydar on them goodnes knows what else. It leaves just one thing incopendance.