Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Typical Hatteras issues

If you are selling your yacht make the photos look fabulous. Why leave lawn chairs on the cabin roof?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The main typical hatteras issue that we all hate dealing with is stuff that previous owners or mechanics have done not right lol. When you start talking about a 20 to 50 year old boat...lots of Bubbas have been working on her.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

They are really proud price wise of nice Hatts in the Pacific North West. We know some people that sold a completely restored 1965 50 MY for $230,000 without even listing it. Someone on their dock bought it. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

4. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    If you are selling your yacht make the photos look fabulous. Why leave lawn chairs on the cabin roof?
    IMHO the broker should be filtering that out. That is not a for sale by owner deal.

5. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    They are really proud price wise of nice Hatts in the Pacific North West. We know some people that sold a completely restored 1965 50 MY for $230,000 without even listing it. Someone on their dock bought it. John
    I think it's due to the cost to transport. A California run up is about 15k minimum so the location sets a premium. Also diesel heat conversion is expensive. That is another thing to look at. Reverse cycle is not ideal for the colder temps up here.

6. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Probably a decent deal as a project in the 100K plus range. If nothing horrible came up on a survey. Looks like she needs a bit of TLC..
    I think it was 250 last year. The thing that caught my eye is that the boat has 100% original electronics with the exception of the VHF. Wood freeman AP, Morse cable controls etc. but then you see an updated washer dryer. I would suspect that it was a liveaboard.

What would you see as a fair price for this boat?

Thanks again for the valuable input. We like the layout, use of space and appearance of the 53' model. The yachtfish configuration doesn't seem to be any benefit to us - our Grandbanks is a flushdeck and after 14yrs we've kind of figured it out. Plus, bigger slips are harder to find. It would have to be an exceptional boat at a bargain to be of serious interest to us. And, as has been noted, boats cost more on the left coast...Bob

I am redoing my 53 now. Biggest issues1. The aft deck cover. Have to replace this fall/winter. Going to raise it a foot from the double doors back. Add extra support to be able walk and lounge on.2. Windows of courseOtherwise I love it. Lot of room. I am a liveaboard. Moved the mid heads/shower to the 2nd stateroom. Great move. Put pull down bunks where the heads/shower were.It's only me so it was worth it.Interesting note: there is a 53 in the yard I am in. Sank a couple years ago. Needs a complete rebuild. Awful tempting but i figure about $125,000 to rebuild ?...and timeWorth it ?

I'm not sure anyone could afford it even as a gift.

10. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    Plus, bigger slips are harder to find.
    This is so true. Everett has pretty much filled up and it seems like a few years ago it was a ghost town. I have heard that some of the marinas in south lake union are being displaced which is pushing more of the larger yachts out of Seattle. On the other hand places like Bremerton are fairly open, but that is way out there!