Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by kelpy View Post
    Only poorly maintained DDs leak oil.
    Pics of your engine room are required sir.

Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    Thanks gentlemen. It sounds like blisters, occasional oil leaks and balsa core issues. Now... the search continues. Most of what is for sale is well east of us (Seattle) so will need to be barged here. A Hatteras is a rare sight here. If you happen to be aware of a good one for sale, I'd appreciate knowing about it. We will probably be making a trip in the next few weeks to look at a couple which are currently of interest to us. Again, thanks for the good information. Bob
    I missed where "here" is... unless in Hawaii or someplace like that, if it has to barged, it can be driven on its own bottom, which is a lot more fun.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Thanks gentlemen. It sounds like blisters, occasional oil leaks and balsa core issues. Now... the search continues. Most of what is for sale is well east of us (Seattle) so will need to be barged here. A Hatteras is a rare sight here. If you happen to be aware of a good one for sale, I'd appreciate knowing about it. We will probably be making a trip in the next few weeks to look at a couple which are currently of interest to us. Again, thanks for the good information. Bob
    Where are you located?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

We are in Seattle (yes, the left coast). Not many Hatteras's around here and fewer for sale. After comparing boats and prices, it makes sense to buy something from east of here and barge it. Still looking...Bob

5. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

We are in Seattle (yes, the left coast). Not many Hatteras's around here and fewer for sale. After comparing boats and prices, it makes sense to buy something from east of here and barge it. Still looking...Bob
    Have you looked at this boat by chance: https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L49641721 ? Looks like its in pretty good shape for a 1977!

There have been some very well kept 58's around here that I have seen and far fewer 53's. Keep us posted on your progress.

As a side note I just heard from some folks in the SYC that the old cellular one 77' is on its way up from California so there may be more hats in the area soon.
    Last edited by MVCaprice; 08-24-2017 at 06:22 PM.

Just asking why a 53 hatt?

Do you know about their ride? How they handle the waters you plan to run through?

I think their great boats for coastal cruising the eastern coast but you may need a different configuration where you run.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Where are you located?
    A great coast! I know of a 58 in Stockton. Needs interior work but the exterior paint is new.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

8. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Just asking why a 53 hatt?

Do you know about their ride? How they handle the waters you plan to run through?

I think their great boats for coastal cruising the eastern coast but you may need a different configuration where you run.
    Couldn't agree more. Cockpit is king in the PNW.

9. Re: Typical Hatteras issues

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    A great coast! I know of a 58 in Stockton. Needs interior work but the exterior paint is new.
    A year or so there was a 58 in the Everett area that looked like it sat for a while. Not sure what happened to it. Looked like it needed paint, windows and who knows on interior. I thought It might be a fun project for someone though.

Edit: I think this was the boat http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1980.../United-States
    Last edited by MVCaprice; 08-24-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Probably a decent deal as a project in the 100K plus range. If nothing horrible came up on a survey. Looks like she needs a bit of TLC..