Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras 41c Series 1

Has anyone redone the V-berth or the other stateroom so that a queen size bed would fit? There's one for sale by me, and on over night trips, I'd rather have my wife beside me, not in another bed. What's the good, bad and ugly of this series?

Re: Hatteras 41c Series 1

Seahorse has the stateroom converted to a kind of queen. Its the old Hambone and I know the boat was bought that way by the previous owner but have no history of who did it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

On the 50MY the v-berth is a hollow I-beam structure providing reinforcement for forward impact forces to the hull and also for the side rub rail to stbd. On port the bureau/dresser performs the same function on that side. When the 53MY and the 58 came out the mid-level side rub rails were eliminated. Some of these bits may be important. Jack Hargrave never put anything unnecessary in his yachts. I would check with a naval architect before altering any of these items.
    Last edited by Fanfare; 08-25-2017 at 06:23 AM.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Never thought of that. Thanks for that heads up.

With a filler in the open section of the V-berth, it's almost like a double bed and can possibly sleep two.

Probably easier to convert the over-under beds to a double/baby queen. Plus, you then have a door to the head
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

My goal would be to convert what Hatteras considered the master (the room with bunk beds). Looking at the pictures, it seems like anything wider than a twin bed would affect 1 of the doors; either the one entering the room or the door for the head. The size difference between a full and a queen is minimal, so even a full would work. After all, we're talking about a few over night trips, not our permanent bed. But I do know my wife would say no to us sharing a twin... Not enough room!There's a 36' Pacemaker by us that she is interested in. The V-berth has a bed in it (odd shaped) and the 2nd stateroom has bunk beds for the boys. Not a bad boat, twin gas engines turn me off though. I figure if I prove we can convert 1 room into something for us, she would be more excited for the Hatt.

Hello,

I have a 42c with the over under bunks in the master. I have seen photos of remodels of this room but a door is always affected, the worst having to crawl over the end of the bed to get to the ensuite. I personally would not want to give up the storage that will be gone but then again I am single. Maybe a little bigger boat will address your concerns.

Walt Hoover

I wish my bank account would allow me to go bigger. I was looking at a 44' that fit what we were looking for. Too bad it sold while I was offshore.

Air mattress in the salon will work! Then you can have queen size.

I boght an old 41c because it's probably one of the most efficient hulls out there. Assuming my floscan are close to correct (and they are backed up by cummins fuel curves), I'm getting right around 1nmpg at 18-19 knots. I need to verify better, though.

I also wanted an inside station that is usable. The 41c rids pretty flat (especially with cummins 8.3) and I can use the lower helm and see over the bow.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

The add says it has twin DD 853 naturals. Won't break any speed records for sure.