Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Starter and Alternator rebuild shop

I need both the 32v starter and alternator rebuilt and was wondering if anyone had a shop in Rhode Island or Massachusetts that they used and could recommend? Also, a radiator shop for pressure testing coolers and intercoolers? Thanks, as always!

Re: Starter and Alternator rebuild shop

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    I need both the 32v starter and alternator rebuilt and was wondering if anyone had a shop in Rhode Island or Massachusetts that they used and could recommend? Also, a radiator shop for pressure testing coolers and intercoolers? Thanks, as always!
    check the prices out here before rebuilding I just purchased the shut off and saved over 130 bucks

http://www.usautoelectric.com/
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 08-18-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks Tim! I will check them out.

As for your coolers. Most good radiators shops have a tank to boil them in. No pressure testing is required. Just had the main heat exchanger on my port DD-12v71 cooked out last week. 20 degree temp drop at WOT. Amazing!!!. When we get back from the trip we are on next week. I'm yanking out the starboard and having her done.

Warren J Parece Co

Address: 165 Tremont St, Melrose, MA 02176
    Phone: (781) 665-4747

Best for my money. They have no website and in this day and age that should tell you something good!

Therma-Flow Inc
    191 Arlington St, Watertown, MA 02472
    Phone: (617) 924-3877
    Stew Holt who once had his families heat exchanger business moved in with these guys when he closed that rt 1 Saugus location. Not cheap but Stew takes pride in his work and he is a good guy.

Wow. Thanks so much. I appreciate the info!