Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Insurance question

I just don't like that the people selling Allstate and SF are captive agents so they're unable to offer or shop other carriers for what's the best fit and or price for what's being insured. A good agent representing multiple carriers just has soooo much more to offer the clients.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Fanfare View Post
    I had insured with ACE for several years until they pulled their marine business out of Florida, cancelling me despite no claims. So I went with Chubb after about six months looking for a company which would insure a 50 year old boat. This was satisfactory--I send them money but still have had no claims so don't know how cost-effective this could be. Then, about two years ago ACE bought Chubb. I mentioned to my agent that this worried me as I was afraid this would happen again. But so far so good. We'll see.
    When did they pull out? I've been with them for 10 years in FL with no questions.
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    I just don't like that the people selling Allstate and SF are captive agents so they're unable to offer or shop other carriers for what's the best fit and or price for what's being insured. A good agent representing multiple carriers just has soooo much more to offer the clients.
    Any agents you might recommend?

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrein View Post
    Any agents you might recommend?

Jon
    X2 on request for broker suggestions. Irma prompted us to read every word of our policy, and contemplate the unthinkable total loss with the realization that we are woefully underinsured. After re-reading the exclusions I wonder if we even have insurance (boat version of Obamacare?). We are up for renewal in October, and at least want to explore options. Thx!
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Anyone Geico insured through BoatUS that has a claim from Harvey or Irma? Wondering how that is going. Having read the policy I have in detail, except for a total loss, I am very much self insured.

Pete