Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Insurance question

Has anyone had any claims experience with Chubb insurance? I have a quote from my broker with them as the Insurer. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Re: Insurance question

Never heard of them. I use Allstate
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Has anyone had any claims experience with Chubb insurance? I have a quote from my broker with them as the Insurer. John
    Excellent company but had no idea they did yacht policies. They have the reputation of being the best for homeowners and commercial policies.
    Jack Sardina

Your state insurance commission or equivalent will have various ratings for companies doing business in your state.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Chubb is a good company. I would also look into Travelers. Many companies are changing their deprecation deductions so be sure to read the policy carefully.

Bobk

Chubb in general is one of the better carriers out there. It's really ace marine, ace bought Chubb but kept the Chubb name

Not sure how it will be with ACE buying Chubb, but I've had ACE over last 10 years with 3 boats in FL. Luckily I've never had a claim and they didn't jack up my rate with boats in FL.
    Art