Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diver bottom cleaning rates fl

From a search it appears that this topic has not come up in a while. I'm in south FL and have been having the diving Co. doing the bottom monthly year round....as we struck a deal vs every other month prior to that. His rate has been $2.30 a ft for cleaning the bottom and installing zinc's when needed. I just got his bill and he is raising his rate to $3 a ft. So, question is, is that in the current ball park? I am thinking about going back to every other month at that rate! How often are the guys in FL having their bottoms cleaned? Monthly in the summer and every other month in the winter?

2. Re: Diver bottom cleaning rates fl

Quote Originally Posted by northshoreone View Post
    From a search it appears that this topic has not come up in a while. I'm in south FL and have been having the diving Co. doing the bottom monthly year round....as we struck a deal vs every other month prior to that. His rate has been $2.30 a ft for cleaning the bottom and installing zinc's when needed. I just got his bill and he is raising his rate to $3 a ft. So, question is, is that in the current ball park? I am thinking about going back to every other month at that rate! How often are the guys in FL having their bottoms cleaned? Monthly in the summer and every other month in the winter?
    I think it depends on how and how often you use your boat, plus where you keep it. In the Keys, we don't need cleaing as regularly as when we're in Fort Pierce or Titusville. As for costs, my last cleaning in Titusville was based on an hourly rate of $65, while my regular guy in the Keys charges $2.50/ ft. I do not have scheduked cleaning, only when I feel it is needed.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Re: Diver bottom cleaning rates fl

Going rate in Stuart is 2-2.25/ft if on a monthly. First time usually T&M unless you are really clean. Zincs are extra- my current diver (I've used him for 2 months now. Had the previous one for over a year.) charges the price I pay for the zincs and throws in the labor (he gets his labor from the difference he pays versus what I pay for the zincs). The only extra I have had was an hour to pull my AC clamshells, clean out the through hulls (couldn't get a tool in with the clamshells on) and reinstall them. 1 hour time and my AC is running great (was down to almost a trickles from oysters & barnacles).

BTW word on our dock is this is the worst year in recent memory for hard growth here. I'm temporarily on a 3 week cycle for cleaning and we are not even on the river where it is worse.

If you are in this area, PM me and I'll tell you who I avoid using here as well as the few good ones to interview.

I pay $100 monthly on my 46C. We're down in Homestead. Zincs are extra whenever they come up for service.
    Vic
    1978 Hatteras 46C Hull #127
    "LISA'S HATT"
    Miami, Fl.

$2 a ft in Miami, but I've heard about $2.5 to $3 in FTL
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

$2.25 per foot monthly, plus zincs.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

It amazes me how much cheaper divers are down south. I paid $1.5ft for monthly cleaning in Long Boat and $85 an hour in Morehead City but that was 5 years ago. Bill was the same either way. Here in NJ we pay $3-4 plus $20 labor per zinc
    Jack Sardina

Easy to understand Jack. There are a lot more divers in Fla than in NJ and they work year round in Fla. I don't use divers here in NJ partly because the difference in cost for a short haul (in the slings) is not that great and more importantly I think a better cleaning and ease of zinc replacement is done in the slings.

Walt

Hi, I'm the owner of a dive company that services Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Palm Beach. My going rate for monthly service is $2 per ft.

Seems cheaper to use the boat than hire a diver, especially in NJ.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381