Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53' ED Salon AC questions

My 1983 53 ED (Serial #704) has an unrepairable Salon AC unit. My AC guy is going to replace it. (I don't have the resources or time to do chillers...)
    Anyway, I have a couple of questions that somebody out there may know:

1) The Salon has a split system. The starboard unit (smaller) looks to be 12,000 BTU. Does anybody know the size of the larger, port side, unit? (It is big, ? 24,000 BTU)

2) The compressor resides in the port ER. Getting new copper lines from the port ER to the starboard unit looks to be a bit of a challenge. Anybody have experience with this to tell me the easiest/best way to get new copper from the port ER to the starboard air handler?7

I know there may be other thoughts on this (chillers, self contained...) but I'm just looking to replace what I have that is not working. Thanks in advance.

Jon

Re: 53' ED Salon AC questions

Sky is the expert on our boats. i have replaced both over the years. my recollection is that stbd is 12k and the main unit on port that serves the lower helm too is a 16k.
    Dont know why new lines would need to be run.....
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Re: 53' ED Salon AC questions

I replaced the lines when I replaced my 16k condenser and to date no issues for 8 years.

Can't argue with that.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.