Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raw Water Routing 52c

Hello all,
    I'm in the process of hooking up everything to our 8v92's and my brain is having trouble with the raw water circuit.

I would assume that the flow would be from strainer, straight into raw water pump and then out to the remainder. But it looks like maybe it is supposed to hit the gear cooler before the pump?

Anyone know the proper flow route or have a pic of the rear of the engine/gear area I could use for reference?

discliamer: I am not the one that removed the engines, and although I have lots of pics of the take out, I have none of the actual area in question.

Thanks for any guidance!

Re: Raw Water Routing 52c

I don't have the answer, but use Boat Diesel a lot . Well worth the entry fee.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Finalee View Post
    I don't have the answer, but use Boat Diesel a lot . Well worth the entry fee.
    Already a member, been one for years. Other than posting the same question there, is there some place that would have this info there that I'm unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Hello all,
    I'm in the process of hooking up everything to our 8v92's and my brain is having trouble with the raw water circuit.

I would assume that the flow would be from strainer, straight into raw water pump and then out to the remainder. But it looks like maybe it is supposed to hit the gear cooler before the pump?

Anyone know the proper flow route or have a pic of the rear of the engine/gear area I could use for reference?

discliamer: I am not the one that removed the engines, and although I have lots of pics of the take out, I have none of the actual area in question.

Thanks for any guidance!
    Hope the pics help; first is a still from a video. You can see the hose (blue stripe) leaving the pump's tail piece and headed to the gear cooler. Second is pump with intake and discharge (left) removed for painting.

IMG_8260.jpg
    Attached Images
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Already a member, been one for years. Other than posting the same question there, is there some place that would have this info there that I'm unaware of?
    With an additional fee (I have not paid) there is a photo library.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

On my 892s with Allison MH20 transmissions the path is strainer to trans oil cooler to water pump to inter cooler to main heat exchanger to fuel cooler to exhaust shower head.

I should add that my engines are the J&T conversion with a sendure main heat exchanger not the standard DD heat exchanger. Not sure if that makes any difference though.

Most draw water through the gear cooler first.

Hi, in my 52c 1986 water goes from strainer to oil cooler of trans. I can take some pictures of the entire system during the weekend and post them.

BTW I am planning to install a bow thruster to my 52c, any comments??