Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Algae-x fuel conditioners

I know this issue has been the subject of prior postings but here is another. About two months ago I was returning from a trip in rough seas when the starboard engine started loosing RPMs and showing signs of fuel starvation. Switching fuel tanks and racors did not solve the problem but the engine would run at 1000 RPMs so I limped home to evaluate further. Eventually I figured out that a clump of slime from the fuel tanks was partially blocking the rather narrow passageway around the magnet of the algae -x fuel conditioner the po had installed. Disassembly of the port fuel conditioner revealed a similar though lesser blockage. I decided to remove the conditioners to avoid similar future problems and see what happens. Well after having just completed a 500 mile trip with the boat I am happy to report no noticeable effect from removing the fuel conditioners. In fact, it seems the transom is cleaner than before. From this admittedly unscientific experiment I have concluded that on my boat - a 50c with 892s, the fuel conditioners offer no benefit. So, I have 2 Algae X LG -X1500s free to a good home if anybody wants to try them out. Pete

Re: Algae-x fuel conditioners

If they are still available i would like to give them a try.

Randy
    1976 42' LRC

Re: Algae-x fuel conditioners

They are yours. Send me a pm and we can coordinate transfer.